Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DX+

what does DX+ do? also where is it described in the instruction manual?
i am part of WARTSnet, look it up, and people had difficulty hearing met until i switched to DX+.
thanks Very Much

Answers

• Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    HI James, I assume you are referring to DXP which is the downward expander on your transmit audio. The description of it appears at 18.3.6 of the Software Users Guide at page 78. Properly set up it makes a big difference to your transmitted audio, particularly where the acoustics of your shack are not perfect.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I think you are referring to the DX+ choice in the processor. The Flex processor uses a mathematical means to do speech processing using something called a Hilbert transform. I was developed by W9GR, see this article http://www.arrl.org/files/file/QEX_Ne...

DX+ is the most aggressive of the possible choices. This processor can increase average talk power by 2.4 dB which is almost like doubling your power.  If you're running an amp this can stress a marginal PS.

73 W9OY
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If I remember correctly, DX+ adds additional compression beyond the middle "DX" setting, but also adds some enhancement of the higher audio frequencies. When you use it, you need to set your low TX cut-off up to 200-300 and reduce the lower sliders on the TX EQ a bit to keep the low frequencies from dominating the compression and creating distortion. For some more help, check out YouTube posts by myself and W1AEX. Ken - NM9P
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks everyone you have given me what I needed. I'm using the mic profile for the mic that came with the 6700. Your comments make me wonder of the profile for this mic is incorrect. Jim
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    you can record your audio and play it back to see how it sounds using the software recorder.   
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    A default profile for any particular mic is a "starting place." They always require some fine tuning to match your particular voice, operating style, intended purpose (rag chewing, DXing, weak signal, contesting, etc. ) and personal preference. The power of the adjustable tx filters, processing, TX EQ, and DEXP is that you can taylor your audio to your exact needs and save multiple profiles for different purposes. Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.