Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dual receiver setup Flex 6500

Gene - K3GC
Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am attempting to set up the dual receivers on my 6500 so one antenna will point at ANT1 Tx1 and the other to be setup for ANT2 Tx2.
If I set slice A to be ANT1 Rcv and TX it works as set
If I set slice B to be ANT2 Rcv and Tx  the TX  will revert to ANT1
I am not alt all sure any of this makes and sense.
To restate i would like to have one slice set at ANT1 and the other automatically go to ANT2
The radio is set with a Hhx beam on Ant1 and a 40m vertical on ant 2
I hope this makes some sense to someone out there.
I know what I want to do but I fear i don't express it .
Thanks for your patience 

Answers

• ND8L
    ND8L Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi Gene...

Still getting acquainted with my 6600-M, too. 

There's probably a better solution than I've got (that would be where the smart money is) and there are brains far larger than mine in the Community you can rely upon...but maybe the answer would be to create and save a profile for your desired configuration and load it when you start SmartSDR. 

There may even be a way to make this your default profile when you start SmartSDR...but I haven't quite figured that out yet.  At this point, I think I "get" about 2% of the capability of my 6600-M.

73, Ray - ND8L

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The 6500 has only ONE SCU, so whatever you pick 'last' for antenna will be applied to all slices for receive.  Basically one antenna for all slices even though you can have  to 4 slices....

so you can not have two different slices on two different antenna at the same time

so your attempt to slice A on rcv ant1 and slice B on rcv ant2 can never happen

the 6500 hardware is not capable of doing what you want it to do.

Paul K3SF

• Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Paul,
    I sort of thought it would be something like that

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.