Dstar waveform disappears with SmartSDR 1.10.8

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
Did a miss something ?  I uninstalled the previous Dstar waveform and installed the new one .  After the install I was able to see Dstar in the list of options in the mode list.  A few minutes later I noticed I had a message that SmartSDR had lost contact with the 6300.  After a reboot of SSDR I noticed that DSTAR was not a option I could select in SmartSDR.  A couple more reboots, Dstar was back.  Keeping an eye on things now to see how long this Dstar connection lasts 
Andy K3UK
Photo of Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

• 384 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of James Kennedy-WU5E

James Kennedy-WU5E

• 333 Posts
  • 34 Reply Likes
same thing  here at my station
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3542 Reply Likes
I have entered this problem report into our bug tracker (issue #4296) for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 503 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
Yes, me too. After the installation of the new Dstar, I did not see the waveform along with the FreeDV and ThumbDV but I did see it as a mode option initially. After a reboot it is gone from the mode list.
Photo of Ed.G

Ed.G, Software Engineer

• 103 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Is everyone experiencing this problem running the Beta (v1.10.8)?

If so, can you check to see if the DSTAR dongle is showing up as a USB Cable in Settings -> USB Cables.

If it is in the list, can you try disabling it by clicking the enabled/disabled button and seeing if the problem persists? 
Photo of Mike - VE3CKO

Mike - VE3CKO, Elmer

• 503 Posts
  • 242 Reply Likes
It is showing "New DSTAR Cable"  and I can enable/disable it but it doesn't show in the mode list since the first reboot, I have not rebooted yet.
Photo of Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

• 384 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
You can get things working again by rebooting the Flex... at least for a while.  Simply rebooting the SSDR does not solve anything.
Andy K3UK
Photo of Ed.G

Ed.G, Software Engineer

• 103 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Approximately how long does it take for DSTR option to disappear from the slice menu? 

I ask because I've been testing all morning ( ~3 hours ) and I have not noticed a problem yet. 
Photo of Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

• 384 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Under SETTINGS >>> USB CABLES  what is the correct format for it to be enabled?  Should "enabled" be visible  or "disabled" visible ?  I asked because when I boot the Flex and choose DSTR from the mode list, it says "disabled".  I would have assumed that it should say "enabled" . 
Photo of Ed.G

Ed.G, Software Engineer

• 103 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Official Response
Under SETTINGS>>>USB CABLES the DSTAR cable should show "disabled" or not be present at all in order to work correctly since it isn't considered a 'usb cable' from the software perspective.

It sounds like the waveform itself might have a problem. I'll investigate.