I have been running DStar on my Flex 6500 and I noticed that after upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6, it was no long transmitting my call sign with the data stream. Only my message would show up in the data stream. Other Flex DStar users were not experiencing the problem.
After trying a reinstall, a factory reset of the Flex, and a few other variations, I discovered the problem. My mic protocol for DStar was setting the transmit bandwidth low cut filter at 100. It seems that the low cut filter needs to be set to 0 in order for the call sign data to be in the data stream. The message data was unaffected at 100. Above 100, the message data becomes corrupt and at 600 is no longer transmitted. My DStar mic protocols have been updated!
-73, Chuck, W9WLX
Be the first to post a reply!