Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dstar - No Waveform out or Decode

James Nelson
James Nelson Member ✭✭
Dstar waveform on TX not happening, there is no waveform evident, also using an ICOM 7100 to TX (and RX) on any given freq to Flex6700 there is no decoding.  Ver 2.10.16.174  Dongle DV3000U (Nth West Digital Radio)  USB Ports on radio swapped multiple times with no result.  Realising its early days and as other priorities come 1st I have left this until now.  Not urgent and will wait patiently for a resolution. thanks guys !              Note I have not seen it work at all since I acquired to the dongle directly from NWDR 1 year ago.

Comments

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    @James Presumably you can select the DStar waveform from within SmartSDR, so moving past do you receive but not transmit DStar or? I found installing the dongle a fiddle and it needed redoing when I upgraded SmartSDR versions. I reinstalled the waveforms but have found so little traffic that I've not done much with it. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I took a suggestion from Dudley and reverted to SmartSDR version 1.9.13 and D-STAR Waveform version 1.07.  I am able to decode most received signals of S8 or better and the transmit waveform works as evidenced by several 2 way contacts during the HF D-STAR testing net this morning.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    It would be nice if Flex issued a fix for this so that it works with the last version of SSDR .. it has been going on for FAR too long.   The ability to to do DSTAR was one of the main factors in my purchase decision. 
    Andy K3UK
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Hi Andy, It seems FRS is at the mercy of North West Digital Radio who dies the DVDongle. While not my main radio purchase reason I had hoped to get some experience out of the DVDongle but it hasn't been so. I don't know if the **** had been updates since launch (late 2014?). Perhaps FRS can prod the NWDR folk into getting their Dongle working. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • K0GGC
    K0GGC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I doubt that it has anything to do with NWDR. It used to work fine with older versions of SmartSDR but broke when FRS updated SmartSDR. 

I think this is just a case of FRS prioritizing their programing issues and DStar is not high on their list. Their focus is on new hardware and SmartSDR 2.0. 

Lets hope it is fixed in 2.0. I also bought my radio because I wanted DStar. FRS has really ignored this issue due to other priorities. 
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Could be some more broken with the last update, but it sure wasn't working correctly on all bands before either. That stuff was understood to be a problem in non-FRS software, but who knows. It was pretty low on the priority for me, so I've kind of ignored it. In our area we sudden have some C4FM/Fusion traffic and equipment as a further distraction. The DVDongle launch left one with an expectation that more would be added in terms of capabilities and what didn't work would get fixed. Seems to have slid back instead. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I have tried old Ssdr versions, cold swapping hot swapping and no waveform TX or Rx. Being a realist I know this will be fixed in the priority it deserves. We have a group playing quite a bit with Dstar mode AKA ambe mode on IC7100 and IC9100 HF nets here in Australia aside from FreeDV so it sure would be nice to work.  I see the Dstar connection "my call" & "your call" protocols have been laid out well so the post here is a soft reminder to FRS there are users out there playing with this. My dongle was ordered direct from NWDU.  I patiently wait thanks everyone
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    This issue has been previously entered into our bug tracker as defect #4457.    Thank you for the defect report.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.