Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dstar app causing disconnects

I am getting random disconnects while using the Dstar app on a Flex 6700 using current firmware. I am also not able to connect the Dstar app if Ddutil is running. I'm also getting an error on restart that the maximum number of connections have been made. I deleted and reinstalled the Dstar app and waveform. I also cold booted the 6700. I'm running Windows 8.1. Thanks

Comments

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Maybe I'm having the same issue... it's been happening under both 1.5 and now 1.6, what I'm finding is I get no decode or the DSTAR signal from time to time, mainly on startup.

I've tried just about everything and it's not consistent, I even updated the smartSDR from 1.5 to 1.6 and updated the waveform software as well and the issue continues.

I have a FLEX-6500, the ThumbDV purchased from FLEX, a elecraft XV432 transverter, in the other room I have a raspberry PI with a DVMEGA.  I know the DVMEGA is working as my ID-51 works with it without issue.  What seems to be happening is the FLEX-6500 does not pickup or stay connected to the USB ThumbDV,  I can see the signal on the waterfall but it does not decode it, I've increased power on the DVMEGA so I get a much stronger signal and still no decode.  I've rebooted radio and computer, switched USB ports, uninstalled and reinstalled the waveform all same results.  Then for whatever reason it starts working until I change bands or shutdown for the night and come back in the morning and I have to start all over again.

Does that sound like the same kind of issue??

David
  • Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    how you checked to make sure you don't have rx eq turned on.....I know on 1.5.1 you had to turn rx and tx eq to off for it to work
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I have, EQ turned off for both RX and TX, whats weird is leaving everything the same, if I restart the FLEX-6500 enough times it seems to pick it up at some point and start working... this issue was the same under 1.5 I was hoping 1.6 would resolve it but it continues.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Are you able to use the ThumbDV in a PC as well?  Was thinking I could plug it in to my PC and set it up and test it to make sure it's not just the thumbDV that is having the issue.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    update... it acts like there is no ThumbDV in plugged into the FLEX-6500... that is definitely it...  I was listening to a signal on the HT (ID-51)... tuned to that signal on the FLEX, reached back and started jiggling the ThumDV and it started decoding the signal so I either have a bad or intermittent USB port, or a bad connection between ThumbDV and FLEX or there is a loose connection in my ThumbDV..  This sucks
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    There are two USB ports on the radio.  Have you tried the other one?
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Yes Tim, both ports act the same.. thinking it's the ThumbDV
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Did you get the ThumbDV from us?
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    yes sir.. ThumbDV was purchased from FLEX on 12/20 order # AB-9661

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.