Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DSP visual indication request - restated

Barry Isseks
Barry Isseks Member ✭✭
edited April 2017 in New Ideas
When any DSP function is engaged the DSP light, in the slice should remain "Blue"
You should not need to go into the the pull down to determine that.
Barry K6ZA

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Barry,
    Since the DSP functions are related to the slice and not the panadapter, here is an idea that would allow you to see the contents of the slice control.   The idea is to allow you to have the current slice view or an expanded view exposing all of the individual controls.   The idea was submitted about a year ago and the mockup probably needs some tweaking.   So far the idea has 5 votes

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/expanded_slice_display_option_to_improve_ease_of_us... 

Check it out and add your comments to the idea and your vote if you think this would address your concern.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • Barry Isseks
    Barry Isseks Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    That works too... Didn't see that in my search. I however like the idea of a simple lighted indicator showing engagement of underlying enabled functionality. Less clutter.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    any kind of quick visual indicator that would not require a pull down menu would be ok.  This is a great idea.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I can't seem to reproduce the issue you're describing -- if I select any of the  NB/NR/ANF buttons, the corresponding letters at the top of the slice stay lit.

Is there a particular sequence of events you're taking to reproduce having them not light up?

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Robbie,
    Same here.  The letters at the top are lite up in blue, however with the "blue on black" theme they are not real obvious especially if on a small screen.   The only "tab" that stays lite when not in focus is the "X/RIT" tab.   Barry may have been asking for the DSP tab to stay BLUE when any of the functions are enabled.  

On a related note, there have been requests to allow the user to select a more visible color scheme.  (for example "balck on white" for the slice might be much more visible)

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Barry Isseks
    Barry Isseks Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Really?... In my slice, DSP remains white no matter what function is enabled in the pull down... Is this just me???
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Barry,
    Same here, it's the letters for the specific function above the frequency that change to BLUE.  see the pic in my previous comment above.  

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Barry Isseks
    Barry Isseks Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Very good point.. I can hardly see the blue letters above.. DSP indicator should stay blue as does RIT/XIT when engaged.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ohhhh, I think I see what you mean. Actually I would think that the X/RIT staying lit would be a bug since it doesn't have focus in your screenshot.

Usually when buttons have a dropdown menu, the button that is highlighted is the one that is currently selected. For example, select any of the menus at the very top of SSDR (File, Settings, Profiles, Help) and see how the highlighted one changes as you select each one.  That's how I expected the buttons on the slice receiver to work.

Seems like X/RIT should have a corresponding highlighted text at the top of the slice with the rest.  But, UI design is a personal thing, everybody has their own preference/opinion. ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.