Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

downgrade to 1.9.13 from 1.10.8.3 just stayin on update for 20 minutes or more

James Madden
James Madden Member
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
downgrade to 1.9.13 from 1.10.8.3 just stayin on update for 20 minutes or more showing just update on radio setup.

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    James, I'm unclear what the problem is. If you're in the middle of an update and it appears that it is not completing then just power off the radio and restart it. All should be fine. If you have another issue please describe more clearly. Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited May 2018
    thanks I did power off the radio. when it powers back on the radio says updating software and the radio light is violet..
    i closed and opened smartsdr 1.9.13 and it doesn't show the radio. argh.
    Jim
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Jim, If the radio light is violet then wait about 5 minutes. If the firmware doesn't complete then power off the radio, REMOVE THE DC Power from the radio for one minute, and reboot. All should be fine. Trust me, as an Alpha tester since the very beginning sometimes, though very infrequently, these things happen.' Mack W4AX Alpha Tester
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited May 2018
    the radio power switch doesn't work. I tried turning off the power supply, i'll try again and wait a few minutes. but when I did this before the radio automatically turned on in update mode.
    Jim
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Ok, wait about 5 minutes after power on. It should self recover.
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited May 2018
    I turned off the power supply. waited about ten minutes and turned it back on. the radio automaticall powers up. the text display says updatinbg software, and the power light is still showing violet. wait a second the radio just restarted and the text display says calibrating, it just power cycled and now smartsdr shows the radio and when i click on connect it works. thanks so much.
    Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.