Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

double clicking on band buttons crashs version 0.13.10

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
6700 GPSDO and Win 7 The problem of double clicking on any of the band buttons in the panadapter window crashing the Flex 6700 still exists, however, the way it crashes is somewhat different in version 0.13.10. After the double click on any "Band" button the screen freezes for a few seconds and then is removed from the display and replaced by a "Connection Lost" error box with the message "The connection to the radio was lost. Please reconnect.". There is an "OK" box to allow you to accept the message. When you click on the "OK", the error box disappears and the "Radio Select" window appears. If you have clicked on the "OK" fast enough (less than a minute) the 6700 radio available selection is not there, but if you just wait a few minutes (2 to 5) longer the 6700 shows up as being available again. Selecting the 6700 (by double clicking) or one click and then clicking the "Connect" button seems to successfuly restore the operation of the 6700. In v0.12.17 you had to do a complete reboot to get back in operation. I would like someone else to confirm this problem so I know it is not my 6700's problem. Al N4AB

Comments

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Al, I can confirm the issue. Guess it's not fully corrected yet.. It will be entered as a defect in 13.10 . thanks for the information...
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Yup - I noticed this in the last version, and programmed myself NOT to do it - but this morning I did it again.
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Dudley and Richard, thanks for the confirmation. Glad its not just me that can't control the urge to double click every thing. 73 Al N4AB
  • Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Double clicking is a Windoze infection..... take a little Linux for a cure <<grin>>.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Windows keeps me in the lifestyle my wife has become accustomed to. Linux is sat in the corner of the room managing my NAS. :-)
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    After 30 plus years of double clicking its very hard to kick the habit, I try and try and think I got it under control, then one slip and I have to go back to rehab again.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    'Doh!" I have had my 6500 since Wednesday and I finally did it! I thought I could avoid the dreaded double click of the band buttons, but I couldn't! Sign me up as a member of the club! It needed a total shut down and reboot of the 6500. I know this is getting solved. I just had to laugh that I did it myself. Have fun guys!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.