Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Double click band button cause different problem... (v. 0.16.4)

Ken - NM9P
Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
On my 6500, running V.0.16.4... If I double click the band button, it doesn't crash any more! sort of... BUT... now, if I do it, Slice A disappears and is replaced with B...But I can't find A, and I can't open another slice... If I do it again, Slice B disappears, too. But receiver noise continues. If I close the slice, noise continues. If I close the pan window, receiver noise continues. If I close SSDR, receiver audio continues.. Open back up and I can access A again, by clicking on the A> arrow on the side of the screen. I can also find B in the same way... I put A & B on the same screen and hit band button again and SSDR crashed... The crash doesn't always happen, but the disappearing A & B can be repeated at will...

Comments

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Known Issues, Caveats and Limitations 18. Do not double click on the band buttons; it may cause the radio to lock up.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Ken, I can reproduce your observation.. AL, K0VM
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just wanted to document the effect as it has changed. I know they are still working on it.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Ken, the release notes said double clicking the band button still causes problems so don't do it, hi, hi.... Just pulling your leg.....
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the feedback. We did indeed fix the crash, but recognize the implementation in v0.16.4 can indeed orphan slices. To recover them, simply restart the client. This will be fixed soon when we modify how the band button logic works to coincide with other development (persistence, antenna work, etc).
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, Eric. At this point as an "early release tester" I figure my job is to try as hard as I can to "break" things so that you can "fix" them! I imagine that the final product a year or two out will look VERY different from Version 1.0 once you have the basic performance functions tweaked and can focus upon fine tuning the interface for maximum ergonomic convenience! It has been fun watching things change from v.13 to the present over the past 6 weeks or so. I just wonder what the future holds!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.