Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Double clicking anywhere on the scroll bar in the profiles window initiates the selection of a profi

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Double Clicking the Profiles Window Scroll Bar initiates the change to a new profile that may or may not be the profile you want. Using 6700 radio and SSDR ver. 1.6 software. If you try to select a new profile using the mouse pointer on the scroll bar the radio will change to the highlighted profile if you double click the mouse button. If you have not moved the highlight to the new profile you want you wind up with the profile that was highlighted.This is not a bad problem but is a nuisance problem to someone who can not break the "double click" habit (like me).

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016

That's interesting you should bring that up. I thought I was the only one who had the "double click syndrome." I developed this anti-social problem with PowerSDR where one was required to double click the memory entry to get what you wanted. Maybe we should create a separate "double-click anonymous" to console us poor refugees!

Jim, K6QE

• Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    You mean that you don't need to double click on everything! No wonder I initiate so many things twice!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I am not sure I understand the issue.  A single does a profile select action.  A double click does a select and load (a shortcut to a mouse click select then move the mouse and click on the load button).  This is working as designed.
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Tim,Thanks for the reply. I'm not talking about double clicking on one of the listed Profiles, that indeed works very well and as designed. The problem I'm describing is different. Please try this on your radio. 1 Open the Profile Manager Window. 2 Highlight a new Profile (single click). 3 Do not actually select the Highlighted Profile. 4 Use one of the scroll bar arrow buttons to look for a Profile that is not displayed in the window right now. 5 Double Click the arrow button (in my case its a habit). 6 The window scrolls two steps. 7 The highlighted (step 2) Profile is also initiated. Double Clicking the arrows should not change Profiles. As I commented before this is more of a nuisance than a problem, but it does need to be put on the low level to do list. I hope you can duplicate this on your radio
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Now I understand the issue.  Thanks for the step-by-step procedure.  I have written this up as defect #2899

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.