Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dolby Audio bug with remote

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I can reproduce this issue 100%.

My laptop has Realtek audio drivers and Dolby Advanced Audio drivers. The latter loads with windows and it loads in an 'on' state - a state it HAS to be in for me to get reasonable audio out of my laptop's speakers. Connecting SSDR to my rig when the remote button is active (blue) turns this off every time. Connecting SSDR to my rig with it off leaves Dolby on, but it turns off when I activate remote.

I have also had occasions when I could toggle the Dolby state by clicking the remote button.

I think this is a new issue since 1.4.3 was released, but I cannot be sure.

Comments

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The Dolby audio certainly sounds inviting, but where is it specified that the 6xxx series radios are Dolby compatible? When such irregularities arise, the first thing I do is to revert back to my PC's generic hardware configuration. Eliminating variables that aren't causing the problem, can often make the task of finding the cause much easier.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Sorry to say not a very helpful comment as I stated that a) The audio is too low to be of any use without it* and b) it is a VERY recent issue. No probs in the past 6 months running my Flex with DAX. I only switched to remote for my speakers in 1.4.3 so cannot say if the issue existed in 1.4.0 or not.
    * I keep the volume on max in SSDR and adjust it on my PC. PLUS everything works fine with it on - the only issue is that SSDR keeps on turning it off.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The issue ended up being Guy's Realtek audio driver.  A re-install fixed the issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.