Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dogparkSDR - MAC OS/X client for FlexRadio 6000 series

Comments

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Not sure if it me but my mouse wheel does not move the pan adapter frequency position, only left and right arrow keys.  Is this by design?  Two things I think should be added. 

1. use mouse to select pan adapter frequency and the mouse wheel moving the frequency
    2. add S units and DB display to S-Meter.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks Nick
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    The magic mouse, any scroll wheel mouse and the touch pad can change the frequency by scrolling over the VFO stepper without clicking. This works for all steppers and sliders.
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Hi Don, it works well on preference window for all sliders, but it is not working with VFO stepper (and HUD is selected, of course).
    Arrows keys is great, but scrolling directly on dogparkSDR as we do with SmartSDR could be more natural.
    Thanks, Jean-Luc
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    Works on the HUD steppers here - it may be something to do with your System Setting mouse setup.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    vox tick on HUD?
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Does not work at all here.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    What does not work at all there ?
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    There will be a VOX switch in the Shortcuts menu, you can attach a keyboard shortcut.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    using the mouse to move the frequency.  It should be sensitive to location like hovering over the pan adapter 
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Certainly, will check later with other Mac and Mouse.

Please I have 1 question:
    - How do you assign shortcuts to menu "shortcut"?
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    thanks!
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I try to transmit with the built-in microphone of my iMac27. I get some issues (overmodulated).
    Please any idea to configure my audio with dogparkSDR (using remote in fact).
    (levels in Meters?)
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    in dpsdr preference  panel for audio you should be able to reduce mic gain

Paul K3SF
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Don,

When starting every new session of DogParkSDR, all of the persistence settings are gone.  The last band and frequency is reset to 20 Meters/ 14.500, The waterfall "C Gain" and "Black" settings are all reset, the AGCT is back to default, the selected transmit and receive antenna's are switched back to "1", etc, etc.  

Am I doing something wrong?  This is obviously frustrating.  Is there an appropriate order in starting/stopping DogParkSDR where the persistence settings are retained?  Thanks in advance.
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Same issue here. Using also SmartSDR time to time, and generally when using dogparkSDR I keep the last settings from SmartSDR. But when I switch off and on dpSDR I get this issue, but not every time… thanks!
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Thanks Paul, I will try ro reduce again the mic gain and see what happening. Maybe I will purchase an old receiver to monitor my remote transmission :-)
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    VOX added to Shortcuts menu in Version 1.01 Beta 6
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    Not sure why stepper/slider scrolling in HUD working for some and not for others - may be type of scroll wheel/trackpad, has been in MacLoggerDX for close to 10 years without issue, will investigate.
  • K0GGC
    K0GGC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I tried dogparksdr on my Mac Pro running Yosemite. The panadapter comes up everything looks fine but no audio.

When I go to preferences to toggle on mac audio, dogparksdr immediately crashes. I have tried re-installing and I get the same problem. No audio. 

Also the selection boxes for audio in and audio out are blank. There are no options for me to select.

I have the log file from a crashed session if you tell me where to send it.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited March 2017
    Press the email serial button in the registration prefs
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    Some people have had problems with Audio when SoundFlower was installed.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I have the same issue with persistence.  I have to reset Gain, antenna selection, panadater avg, etc. everytime I launch the software. 
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't know why some are seeing this and others aren't
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Steve...Tim...Stu.... Any advice/recommendations you can give Don surrounding troubleshooting and coding persistence via the Smart SDR API and Stu's OS X/IOS Flex API?

• Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I have experimented this afternoon and I have the same problem. It does not scroll with a uSB Microsoft mouse. I tried the trackpad and when it starts to scroll it just keeps on going and going in one direction and I cannot get it to go the other way! I gave up on my Magic Mouse!

• Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    A magic mouse is all I will use, but each to his own. There are many ways to set the VFO in dogparkSDR, my preferred method is the FlexControl.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    Version 1.01 Beta 8 does a much better job of saving the profiles when you quit dpsdr.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Great news!  I'll download it and look.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.