Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dogparkSDR - MAC OS/X client for FlexRadio 6000 series

Comments

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Great remote client audio function.   Using Beta 63

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Too bad.  if so, it just might be enough to get me to buy my first MAC!  for right now, it is Win10....

But I would LOVE to have something that ran under Linux Mint...
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    There is a transmit button in the HUD and we are running Mac audio in and out in Beta 63
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Running 66 on MacBook Air from Paris via VPN to radio in La Jolla. V1.4.24 Furmware

First time I started it with Mac Audio enabled everything worked great. Very good alternative to my iPad remote

Second time I started it...No Panadapter Frames Received. Audio still worked ok

Running DDUTIL on home PC to control SteppIR, Amps and Wattmeter

YES. I need the Swiss Army Knife

What is might be the cause of no Panadapter display the second time?
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited March 2017
    Use the contextual menu to make sure you have at last one slice and have a look at the Debug Log for errors (File Menu Show Debug Log)
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    It's 4 am. Here now. Will do that when I wake up today.
  • Bob Hinkle
    Bob Hinkle Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Interesting... the Beta is a free download to try, and when I paid for a subscription the update was a 1.**** series software !   Been playing with this all evening and it sets up easily, has a very nice bandscope/waterfall, and interfaces perfectly with MacLoggerDX for DX spotting, maps, and logging. FINALLY there's a completely Apple Mac OSX version of software for our beloved Flex-6000 series radios !  (I have a new Flex-6300 and no relationship to Dogpark software)   Cheers... Bob KK8ZZ

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Doesn't Don list the software as Beta 1.0 and then release say 0.80?

Steve K9ZW

Here is what I grabbed as a screen shot:

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Been experimenting with
    dpSDR v1.00 b80 and mldx and extra-cluster and cocoamodem  running in osx 10.10.5
    and
    with DAX and sdrbridge and cwskimmer running in VM v8 win7
    all on i7 mini with multiple monitors

extra-cluster is a program Don developed to read post from cwskimmer and place them in mldx. this allow for mldx to get posts from your local cwskimmer and from the wider inernet clusters at the same time

pic below i snapshot from two monitors

also

used mldx keyer feature with macros to key flex6300. My setup includes a winkeyer usb. This is a good substitute for CWX. You get macos and can send live cw and still use the key itself too.

Don is doing some awesome work to bring the flex to the mac community

Paul K3SF
  • Bob Hinkle
    Bob Hinkle Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Runs fine on El Capitan here !   Beautiful waterfall, and click and tune is great !
    Bob KK8ZZ
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Paul, I'm running just about the same thing - nice work! Funny that a whole Windows VM is there for DAX. How are you getting audio to/from CocoaModem? I have co-opted the single audio pair from Parallels and mapped it to DAX1 and the optical audio on my Mac. Not a perfect solution, but it works.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    i use the following process to route audio about
    a combo of soundflower and audacity
    rightnow only doing copy..have not tried to transmit yet

see details here

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/tutorial_recording_computer_playback_on_mac.html

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Don...I'm having a blast with your beta's.   
    One nagging issue....When dragging the panadapter right or left significantly away from the current pass-band +/- 50 KHz or so, the panadapter will snap back to the current selected frequency of the pass-band.   You have to set intermediary frequencies less than 50 KHz to move up or down the band.   This is not intuitive and slows performing a QSY to a frequency up or down significantly in the given band.
    Is there a work around or am I doing something wrong?  Thanks in advance!
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited March 2020
    Fixed in Beta 93, Thanks for catching it
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Thanks Don.  I've loaded Beta 93 and it works as you would expect.  Thanks a bunch for your awesome support!
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Don, any plan on making pan scrolling be like SmartSDR or Stu's app where the spectrum and WF move together? We are so used to that now. Your is scrolling like classic PowerSDR and other normal apps. We get quite spoiled by such small, but hugely impactful features.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    New bug....If you have DogParkSDR running and then start MacLoggerDX, everything is fine.  If you quit DogParkSDR and attempt to restart it without first exiting out of MacLoggerDX, SDR will timeout and display the "No Panadapter Frames Received".   You must exit completely out of MacLoggerDX before DogParkSDR will successfully connect back to the radio.   The same problem exists if you were to start MacLoggerDX first, before connecting successfully with DogParkSDR.

Just trying to be a good beta tester for you Don.  
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Since I was down to one digital audio channel anyway, thought I'd go for broke and leave Windows entirely. With Don's latest beta, you can select "Mac Audio" audio inputs/outputs. I wired (fibered?) the optical ports together and use them instead of DAX. Works like magic after a little tweaking (put all my ports at the same bitrate and bandwidth - 2ch, 26 bit, 48k). 

• Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Jay, it's a known bug mentioned on the web page:
    • Note: If you use MacLoggerDX and dogparkSDR on the same Mac you will need to run dogparkSDR first.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    It's on the list
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Thank you. Funny as it may sound, that plays a large part in my purchasing decision. I'm a GUI guy!
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    Fixed in Beta 94 (still needs some work though)
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Don,

I have put an old MacBook pro into use and works well. Is there no TX equaliser yet?

Andrew

• Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    No, but it's on the list
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Don

I am really excited about this software.  I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago and then got beta 93 last night and made a few remote contacts.  Great job!
  • KD8TVB
    KD8TVB Member
    edited October 2015
    Continues to work great on the 2015 MacBook... now just need the VPN stuff
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Don, you are software development machine!   100 builds in a little over 2 weeks.  Phenomenal!  That's the reason I plopped my money down tonight.    Your continued efforts to bring a "best of class" SDR client interface to the Mac OSX platform is so very much appreciated.
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Don,

I don't know is this feature is on your list, but it could be nice to adjust the frequency in the Panadapter with the mouse (scrolling the mouse wheel up or down for fine adjustment). Thanks Jean-Luc / F5JRC
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    I'll see what I can do, but I highly recommend the FlexControl for Tuning etc.
  • Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Thanks Don. I made my first contacts with dogparkSDR, away about 50 meters from the Flex6500 on the LAN network, and logged in MLDX, magic!
    Just a little fear about SWR which cannot be checked… later maybe… 73's Jean-Luc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.