Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dogparkSDR - MAC OS/X client for FlexRadio 6000 series

Stu Phillips - K6TU
Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭

For those who have not seen it, DogPark Software, the authors of MacLogger DX, MacLogger DX HD (iPad logger) and MacDoppler have released...  wait for it!

A native Mac OS/X client for the FlexRadio Systems Flex-6000 series radios.

You can see a copy of the press release at:

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2015/august/dogpark_sdr_version_1_0_public_beta_released.htm#.Vd4Q0zSD64s

which includes a link to the site where you can download a beta (demo) version of dogparkSDR as well as find a pointer to the discussion group on Yahoo Groups.

This client is in its early stages of development but its great to see a native application on Mac OS/X to drive the radio.

Don Agro, the Proprietor of DogPark Software writes amazing code as any of you have used MacLogger DX will know.  MacLoggerDX also has native support included to interface to the Flex-6000 series radios directly via the Ethernet API.

Stu K6TU

Comments

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I just tried the beta, keeps crashing.  Sent the log off to them. 
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited August 2016
    A suggestion...  using SmartSDR, find and load the Global Profile that is created by the dogparkSDR.  Make sure you have only one panafall and one slice open - close anything else and make sure there is one slice.  Now exit SmartSDR so that the profile is saved.

Also good to let Don know what release is in the radio although come to think of it, I think the log tells him that.

I have the beta running on my Mac so it may be profile related.

Stu K6TU
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I don't see any global profile created by dogparSDR and I tried having only one PAN open, same thing, crashed right off. 
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited August 2016
    Which release are you using in the radio?
    Stu K6TU

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited August 2016
    Ok - Don should be QRG here shortly.  just as a reminder...  you can only have one GUI client running on the radio at a time.  So make sure you aren't trying to run SSDR at the same time...

Stu K6TU
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Nope, only running one, just DogparkSDR.  This is a great step for those of us MAC heads like me..
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited August 2016
    Totally agree!  Don is a great software guy and super responsive!  Make sure you keep an eye open for updates on his web site as they are flying fast and furious!

Not all issues may be his...  as with MacLoggerDX, his code incorporates the iOS/OSX interface library to the radio that I created - same code is used in K6TU Control and K6TU Remote iPad apps... so some of the issues may land squarely on my neck.

Stu K6TU
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Beautiful!!! Excellent baseline functionality already, in a very handsome interface. Will DAX, CAT, and FlexControl be supported as well? PayPal at the ready! 
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This is the email I sent the crash log too, hope its the correct one.  support@dogparksoftware.com
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited August 2016
    George,

CAT isn't really needed but if you have software that runs on the PC, you can of course use DAX and CAT natively on Windows with your existing software.

Don's MacLoggerDX works directly with the radio - no CAT (of dog ;-) required.

There's not a lot of digital software on the Mac...  this is doubtless something in the future.

Stu K6TU
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited August 2016
    That's the one!
    Stu K6TU

• Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi Nick, Thanks for the crash log, could you also send me the debug log ? (File Menu - Show Debug Log) Thanks
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sorry, thats what I sent you, the debug log.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I can send you the mac crash log if you need it.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Just sent you the mac crash log too.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    No, it just arrived, Thanks, I'll get back to you.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, Stu. Just trying to move FLDigi over with CAT & DAX, and WSJT-X with DAX (with JT-Bridge, no CAT needed -- I'm so glad because I'm allergic to felines!). With you on the dev team, I know the FlexControl will be somewhere in there, too. 73 & props to you and Don.
     PS - I should say the MAC versions of those apps. Only reason I even have Windows loaded is for SSDR/CAT/DAX :-) 
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    edited August 2016
    I'm sure Don will add FlexControl support eventually.  The native OS X driver for USB serial devices works flawlessly with FlexControl - the MAC driver eliminates all the happy Harry HS of serial port collisions that plagues Windows.

I have a dream...  a dream of a world with FlexRadios everywhere and not a Windows machine in sight!

I can dream...
    Stu K6TU

PS: Now we need a really good contest logger native on the MAC.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    Can you try Beta 54 ? (and send the debug log) Thanks
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You got it, give me a few min.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sent the new debug file, crash again.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Okay, that seems to have done it, no more crashing.  I'll feed back if I find anything else.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited September 2016
    Fantastic! Thanks for your help.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Anytime
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I'm currently running Beta 55.  Not crashing any more...but no sound.  Has sound been implemented yet?

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    It was my hope and wish over a year ago that he would take this project on.  Good going Stu for convincing him!!!
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    As a child of the 60's .. I am loving the panadapter display. I wore a shirt like that most of my tenure at Stanford. At least I think I did .. if you can remember the 60's you really weren't there!
    peace ...

W7NGA
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The sound should be coming from your flex not the SDR software
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I remember the 60's just fine.  I just didn't alter my conscience with chemestry.  I got high from watching NASA.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.