Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does anyone know how to do CW from a remote PC, with the F6.7K and SmartSDR?

K2CM
K2CM Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I wish to remote my radio to another room in the house. How do I get CW to go across my network? SmartSDR sees the F6.7K from anywhere in the house.

Answers

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    This is just a guess but it should work, at least until CWX is available. Get an Ethernet to USB server device (gridconnect.com has them I think). Connect the Winkey to that device and the Winkey CW output to the radio. Install the COM port redirector software on the remote computer to connect to the USB device remotely. You should then be able to access the Winkey features from software like DM780 or the native WinKeyMGR software. TRXManager should also work well...anything that has a keyboard CW function and Winkey capability. I have a spare COM port right now on a lantronics device. Maybe I will get a simple Winkey serial device and test this out. PowerSDR use to have an option to connect your key through a COM port and select that port for keying. If that were available you should be able to use a key instead of the keyboard remotely. 73 Greg
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    http://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/station_configurations I used a pair of remote rig boxes for remote audio and CW. I expect over time Flex will add features to design the RR boxes out. But this configuration works and is very stable. It is not the right answer if you need 50 wpm QSK, but is fine at 20+ wpm with semi break-in. BTW, the RR serial drivers were not stable for me under Win8. Drivers were crashing every few hours.
  • WA6FXT Mike
    WA6FXT Mike Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    So, will SSDR be able to send CW via a virtual com port (Like we can control the PTT using SmartCAT)?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.