Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does the PG-XL have a built in tuner?

W2ECK
W2ECK Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Power Genius XL Amplifier
Does the  PG-XL have a built in tuner or is a stand alone tuner needed? If so what are folks using?

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    No it does not...If you can't operate without a tuner, most people use external tuners 
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'm using the Palstar HF Auto with wire antennas for 80 and 160 on Port 2 of the PG.XL.
    Port 1 has a self tuning 4 El SteppIR .
    40M is a 2el beam that I sometimes use the tuner with also with the PG-XL.
    ALL work fine.
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I run the same except I feed into an 18:1 BalUn/6" open wire line/350ft Non resonant Dipole.  (VERY narrow tuning) All Works great!
  • Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

The PalStar HF Auto tuner is absolutely amazing, and the customer support if needed  is exceptional. I picked mine up at the factory, and Paul was kind enough to give me a factory tour. Most if not all of the major components are manufactured on site. I met all the people who build the PalStar equipment.  A truly happy, knowledgeable and dedicated workforce producing an exceptional product right here in the USA!  Youll find cheaper but you wont find better  Jim KC3KRZ
  • Are you allowing the HF Auto to tune by RF or are you using the third party app ( can't remember the name of it right off sorry.)?
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭

The apps that will allow the HF-Auto to follow a Flex were created by W1TR and work very well. However, I can not find his download website anymore when I go to Google and search for it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.