Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does the Flex6700 have two sets of Band Data for each SCU board to drive two External OTS Filters in

Michael Aust
Michael Aust Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Does the Flex6700 have two sets of Band Data available thru CAT or Acc 1 & Acc2 from each SCU board to drive two External OTS Filters in each SCU Board Rx Loop ??

Want to know if I can use Two OTF Filters, not just one to enhance the SO2R ability of the Flex6700, one for the First SCU and the other filter via the Second SCU ?

Any info from anyone on this ?

Answers

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    You can send the frequency of each slice out via a USB CAT cable.  So, assuming the slices are on different SCUs you should have what you need.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    As Rick said, you can use two FTDI USB to parallel cables and configure those as either BIT or BCD cables. You can then assign them to each antenna port and that should work. 
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    'yes what they said. :-)
  • Michael Aust
    Michael Aust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017

So thanks, its sounds like one can develop my Flex6700 into becoming a sort of roll your own Flex6600 Contest Radio type of radio with not much of an issue.

Thing missing would be bypass mode of the OTS Filter if Passband BW went to wide, how to bypass OTF filter would need to be done somehow otherwise one would need a manual override on the external OTF's to possibly bypass it like in the Flex6600 series of radio's.

Seems there are a few OTF filters out there, so that not the real big issue, so my Flex6700 can still be King of the Hill, Top of the Heap Type of Radio !

Mike

Flex6700 Owner : Love the 8 Pan's / Waterfall's, nothing like it !

OTF = Off the Shelf Filter ( i.e. : one from U.K. or the SV1 OTF Filters out there !! )

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.