Does the Flex6700 have two sets of Band Data for each SCU board to drive two External OTS Filters in each Loop ??

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)

Does the Flex6700 have two sets of Band Data available thru CAT or Acc 1 & Acc2 from each SCU board to drive two External OTS Filters in each SCU Board Rx Loop ??

Want to know if I can use Two OTF Filters, not just one to enhance the SO2R ability of the Flex6700, one for the First SCU and the other filter via the Second SCU ?

Any info from anyone on this ?

Photo of Michael Aust

Michael Aust

• 135 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Rick - N4RZ

Rick - N4RZ

• 54 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
You can send the frequency of each slice out via a USB CAT cable.  So, assuming the slices are on different SCUs you should have what you need.
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2271 Posts
  • 904 Reply Likes
As Rick said, you can use two FTDI USB to parallel cables and configure those as either BIT or BCD cables. You can then assign them to each antenna port and that should work. 
Photo of Chris Tate  - N6WM

Chris Tate - N6WM, Elmer

• 808 Posts
  • 217 Reply Likes
`yes what they said. :-)
Photo of Michael Aust

Michael Aust

• 135 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

So thanks, its sounds like one can develop my Flex6700 into becoming a sort of roll your own Flex6600 Contest Radio type of radio with not much of an issue.

Thing missing would be bypass mode of the OTS Filter if Passband BW went to wide, how to bypass OTF filter would need to be done somehow otherwise one would need a manual override on the external OTF's to possibly bypass it like in the Flex6600 series of radio's.

Seems there are a few OTF filters out there, so that not the real big issue, so my Flex6700 can still be King of the Hill, Top of the Heap Type of Radio !

Mike

Flex6700 Owner : Love the 8 Pan's / Waterfall's, nothing like it !

OTF = Off the Shelf Filter ( i.e. : one from U.K. or the SV1 OTF Filters out there !! )