Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does smart sdr need to be running for bcd on virtual port?

Jamie WW3S
Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Will the bcd data on the USB ports be available without running smart sdr

Answers

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    The USB ports will work and supply the necessary data whenever the radio is being operated.  It can be operated from SmartSDR, The M model front panel, Maestro or from an IOS device. 
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    To back up what Rick says, it does what you wish now.   This is the cool features of the Flex 6000 radio series and that is that the radio supports multiple clients at the same time.  I consider clients, logging programs, digital programs, amplifiers, band devices, steppirs, etc.

Other HF hardware available today is designed to support a single device or program.  Icom's CI-V was to be able to handle multiple devices with the CI-V bus, but I don't know many who actually did it and got it running well.

As well as being an amazing RF deck, the Flex was built from the ground up to be your Radio Server sharing band data, audio streams, transmitter, etc.   

Jamie, have you wired it up yet?

Mike

• Jamie WW3S
    Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Good morning Mike...by wired up, do you mean the USB cable? IF so, no, not yet....baby steps here, doing a complete shack makeover, new pc on Windoze 10.....I have have the new Flex running on rx, and have received some rtty with it, next step TX I suppose, going slow as to make sure I get it right the first time...
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 2019
    Good

Make sure you review Section 28 in the SmartSDR users manual.

It goes over most things.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.