Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does DAX v2.0.17 work with Smart Link?

Javier, KC2QII
Javier, KC2QII Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
While testing Smartlink from my office fro the first time, DAX v2.0.17 does not extend audio to my external digital application.  Direct connection via VPN works as expected.  To eliminate the possibility of firewalls at the office end, I switched to a router the network firewall, with the same results. 

Any ideas?

Javier

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    DAX currently does not work via SmartLink. You can only have DAX running on the same local network.
  • Javier, KC2QII
    Javier, KC2QII Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    .  I was to post a "never mind" after finding at the the answer at bottom of the V2.0 FAQ file.

Thanks for the quick response.

Javier
  • Ron Morgan
    Ron Morgan Member
    edited August 2017
    I am in the same situation. DAX is not connected at my remote site. I am connected with SmartSDR and I can operate the radio controls. My next issue to resolve is audio from SSRD to my headphones. I have looked at lots of menu items , just have not seen how to direct the audio. The radio for slice 1 shows DAX as the audio out.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    As noted above, DAX is not supported over SmartLink.  We are evaluating adding it in a future release.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Ron,

If you are using SmartSDR on a laptop, just press the REMOTE button on the top right corner of the screen.  This will send the audio to the laptop's default audio device that is running SmartSDR.

I have run remote many times from Hawaii and I have not had issues with audio or DAX but that was running over a VPN connection.
  • Ron Morgan
    Ron Morgan Member
    edited July 2017
    **** me! Selected Remote as you said and I am working correctly. Thx to all.
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Ok no DAX on SmartLINK, but I hope in future can make digimode directly from Maestro, I mean not difficult to implement a Digital Mode engine (PSK, RTTY)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    We are considering using DAX on Windows for SmartLink.  We have no plans to add DAX and the ability to run digital modes on the Maestro.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'd love to see DAX get SmartLink support in a future release.  So here's a +1 vote...

Great job on v2!
  • Steve
    Steve Member
    edited August 2017
    duh..., i should have thought about that THANKS! works now

• John AK4Z
    John AK4Z Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Yes please add SmartLink support for DAX. It would be a big step forward.
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited August 2017
    To Ron: I did the same thing with the remote button. I knew one had to press it on LAN remote because you are likely to be local, but I figured when on WAN remote, Smartlink would know I was remote and wouldn't have to press the button. --Mike, WV2ZOW
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I've already said my piece but I vote for DAX (at least for audio, I/Q is optional) on SmartLink.

• W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Definite +1 here. The ability to run digital modes remotely would be fantastic
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I vote for DAX on SmartLink.
  • N0AZZ
    N0AZZ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I did not know that you could not work digital modes from the Maestro remotely. Just bought a 6300 and Maestro that will be delivered tomorrow, well hope they do an upgrade where that will happen, soon lol.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.