Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Documentation Needed for Profiles, Persistence and XMT States

KY6LA_Howard
KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in New Ideas
There has been a lot of confusion and even more questions about what is actually saved in. Profiles, Band/State Persistence and XMT Profiles. I believe that this confusion could be cleared up very quickly if Flex would publish a simple matrix detailing what is saved by each.
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Howard,
    Good idea, and it would also be helpful to list the things that are not currently saved anywhere.  Include whether they would be candidates for persistence or profiles and whether they are planned or not.  For example: 

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    More detailed documentation on profiles and persistence is planned for the next release.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Understood. But your support efforts would be much easier if u could release at least a preliminary table now.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim,
    Does "next release" mean V1.4 in 3 months or so or will there be a V1.3.x point release?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Most likely a 1.3 "point release".
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hope you are enjoying our crummy London weather, hi hi.
    If you break a tooth whilst here or have another dental prob, let me know <g>.

Cheers

Guy G4DWV/4X1LT
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Thanks Guy. I will remember that. Actually we are now "enjoying" the crummy rainy weather in St Moriitz Switerland. XYL's favorite place but not mine. Made a half dozen Remote SSB Q's on 20M today from San Diego.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This documentation needs to see the light of day urgently or profiles need to be made more logical/better. For example, what is the point of a transmit profile that does not store the filter characteristics? I might as well use Post-It notes, hi hi. I wonder what else is not stored.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Any news yet when this documentation is going to appear? I would like to see receive filters saved with the TX profiles.
  • Randy Diddel
    Randy Diddel Member
    edited October 2015
    I concur!  I ended up returning my 6300 because of issues like this.  I frequently change modes operation from Digital to SSB and found having to do all this manually to be a deal killer.  I WILL most likely return to Flex Signature series in a year or two when my method of operation becomes more seamless. Loved the radio but the lack of full and comprehensive persistence was too frustrating to deal with this early in the release cycle.

K5RHD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.