Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Do you have those waves when you transmit JT65?

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have noted those waves when I work with WSJT-X and JTDx......Flex 6300, Windows 10 on Gigabytes MB with I7 processor 4940K 4gHz......is it a dirty transmission????  or it is normal?

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

Answers

• kr4k
    kr4k Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I experience the same on JT-65 and JT-9 - always ensuring there is no over driving the radio.Using WSJT-X software. Not sure where it occurs. Had several local hams look at it, and they say it is clean on the air.
    73/gus
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Gus.....same experience here....my locals ham say everything on my signal its clean....good to know Im not the only one curious about this

73 !!  George

• Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Sometimes DAX can cause poor transmission -  I have to stop DAX and then restart it again.
    It is a bug that is already on the list.  I think.

I do not show those spurs on my display

Cheers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2019
    It is very normal.  On transmit, we monitor the low-level RF inside the radio and this is just received noise.  It is not transmitted as only the signal in the final filter is actually transmitted.  Your signal is clean.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Tim, I just learned something!
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thank you Tim......I already did my 6600 reserve!!! :)  

Best Regards

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have a Palstar HF-AUTO and these little spurious peaks show up once in a while during a tuning cycle but they always go away after the antenna is matched.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Danny....SWR 1.1
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017

I noticed the same thing on voice and viewed one of my remotes while transmitting and it was as clean as a whistle. I was transmitting on a 6500 and receiving on a 6500 a hundred or so miles away. I was able to bring up two instances as one was received using Teamviewer, and the other transmitting locally from my computer client.

Jim, K6QE

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    George,

If you'll notice those images are 70 dBm down and would never go out over the air.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    Even if they were 0 dB down, they are outside of the final TX filter, so they would not be transmitted ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.