Do you have those waves when you transmit JT65?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I have noted those waves when I work with WSJT-X and JTDx......Flex 6300, Windows 10 on Gigabytes MB with I7 processor 4940K 4gHz......is it a dirty transmission????  or it is normal?

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
Photo of YV5WZ

YV5WZ

• 415 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of kr4k

kr4k

• 75 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
I experience the same on JT-65 and JT-9 - always ensuring there is no over driving the radio.Using WSJT-X software. Not sure where it occurs. Had several local hams look at it, and they say it is clean on the air.
73/gus
(Edited)
Photo of YV5WZ

YV5WZ

• 415 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
Thanks Gus.....same experience here....my locals ham say everything on my signal its clean....good to know Im not the only one curious about this

73 !!  George
Photo of Walt

Walt

• 236 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Sometimes DAX can cause poor transmission -  I have to stop DAX and then restart it again.
It is a bug that is already on the list.  I think.

I do not show those spurs on my display

Cheers
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9198 Posts
  • 3558 Reply Likes
Official Response
It is very normal.  On transmit, we monitor the low-level RF inside the radio and this is just received noise.  It is not transmitted as only the signal in the final filter is actually transmitted.  Your signal is clean.
Photo of YV5WZ

YV5WZ

• 415 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
Thank you Tim......I already did my 6600 reserve!!! :)  

Best Regards

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
Photo of WA2SQQ

WA2SQQ

• 498 Posts
  • 122 Reply Likes
Thanks Tim, I just learned something!
Photo of Danny K5CG

Danny K5CG

• 385 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
I have a Palstar HF-AUTO and these little spurious peaks show up once in a while during a tuning cycle but they always go away after the antenna is matched.
Photo of YV5WZ

YV5WZ

• 415 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
Thanks Danny....SWR 1.1
Photo of Jim Gilliam

Jim Gilliam

• 944 Posts
  • 218 Reply Likes

I noticed the same thing on voice and viewed one of my remotes while transmitting and it was as clean as a whistle. I was transmitting on a 6500 and receiving on a 6500 a hundred or so miles away. I was able to bring up two instances as one was received using Teamviewer, and the other transmitting locally from my computer client.

Jim, K6QE

Photo of Mack McCormick

Mack McCormick, Elmer

• 516 Posts
  • 179 Reply Likes
George,

If you'll notice those images are 70 dBm down and would never go out over the air.

Mack
W4AX
Alpha Team
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9198 Posts
  • 3558 Reply Likes
Even if they were 0 dB down, they are outside of the final TX filter, so they would not be transmitted ;-)