Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Do I need a physical usb connection between my computer and flex 6700 to run N1mm spectrum scope

do I need a usb cable running from the radio to my computer when using n1mm software , spectrum scope with the new V.2 flex software ?  

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    No, you use SmartSDR CAT installed on the PC running N1MM+

Dave wo2x
  • John Molenda
    John Molenda Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the reply Dave.   could you send me a picture of what my Sdr Cat should look like ? or maybe the config screen on N1MM .  I had watched Al.s  video on N1MM setup with Flex but his flex software version was prior to V.2.0 coining out ,so I think I also configured N1MM incorrectly .  Thanks for your help    John kb2huk 
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    John, you mentioned that you have already seen Al's video about Smartsdr CAT that was created using the older SDR version 1.8. I'm not aware of an updated video that demonstrates CAT for version 2.x (anyone else know something different?) But here is a link to the older video for reference to others reading this thread -- I think CAT works pretty much still the same ( again, anyone else can jump in here) https://youtu.be/kMsC0waP2r0
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    The CAT set up is the same for 2.0; the port configuration has not changed.
  • John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    John,

As Tim mentioned I also didn't have to change the port settings for v2.  

Also agree, the K0CN video mentioned by John/WA7UAR is great.  

Here is a video I made with SmartSDR V2 that isn't in depth, but shows the setup options I'm using with V2 and the latest version of N1MM with the N1MM spectrum scope in vertical orientation (which is pretty neat.)  

GL & 73, John AF3K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RrOHlTbi1I

• John Molenda
    John Molenda Member
    edited August 2017
    Thank you so much for all your help guys this forum is the best !   John Molenda kb2huk 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.