Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DM780 stopped switching Flex to TX after WIN 7 => WIN 10 transition

Options
Marek Kamiński
Marek Kamiński Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Under Win 7 my HRD DM780 nicely worked with SmartSDR. Upon transition to Win 10 Home it does not execute PTT command when told to send something. TX window shows that the string of characters is being sent, but the radio remains in RX. There is a visible clue to the origin of the problem. When I compare Smart CAT windows, in Win 7 scenario the PTT virtual serial port has the "Digital Master" listed as its process. In Win 10 scenario the same port has "none" process listed. The CAT port works in both cases, with HRD listed as its process. I asked both Flex and

HRD supports, but they so far exercise pointing their fingers in each another's direction. Can somebody tell me why, in Win 10 scenario, the HRD Rig Control can establish itself as the CAT port user, and DM780 can not do the same with the PTT port? Picture above shows Win 7 scenario, below - that from Win 10.

Thanks / 73 Marek sp5isz

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Marek, try using MiniDeluxe https://github.com/krisp/MiniDeluxe/releases and DM780 will work.
    Be careful that your COM ports are in order and not used by some other device.
    It has worked here for a long time, Windows 7/10 no matter...
    I use HRDLog also for all my logging purposes.
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Marek Kamiński
    Marek Kamiński Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thanks, Alex. I will try it. Meanwhile I found the problem. New computer => new installation of HRD, without remembering any prior settings. I paid my attention to the Program Options radio / PTT configuration, and did not spot that the DM780 TX/RX mode defaulted to CW. This setting blocked transmissions. Change to BPSK31 unblocked the TX. Now, hopefully, everything seems to work as it did before.

Cheers, Marek sp5isz

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.