dm780 setup

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • (Edited)
Problem setting up dm780 with ssdr. I keep getting an error message saying can not open my soundcard. Failed initialization.. I have tried various Dax drivers no avail any suggestions? Ghosted ports what do I do here? I am running windows 10 with 2.4.9 ssdr

update i reinstalled DAX drivers according to tims instructions now when the radio starts i get this:

Photo of Tony C kc2dis

Tony C kc2dis

• 79 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Andrew O'Brien

Andrew O'Brien

• 384 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Do the DAX drivers work if you use something else like WSJTX or FLdigi ?
Photo of rgracer

rgracer

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am also having a similar problem. The Flex folks referred me here for help.

Richard Gracer W6RIG
Dec 26, 6:41 PM CST

I cannot get the tone output from DM 780 to the DAX TX stream. This works perfectly with JTDX and WSJT. I am using the same sound card output setting for DM 780. When I send the tone to my computer earphones, I hear it fine. PTT works well. Reception is fine using DAX stream 1. CAT and log frequency tracking seems to be working normally.
I have read and carefully followed the instructions in the Flex DM 780 how to set up guide. I had some problems with FT 8, until I found that I was sending the output to another DAX transmit channel (? I Q) when I changed it things worked well. I have no idea why DM 780 is not working the same way. I have closed the FT 8 programs and slice master, thinking that they may have interfered with DM 780 sending input into the decks TX stream. There has to be a simple software issue. Any help is appreciated.

Otherwise, I am in love with my new Flex 6400 radio. Thank you for any help with this.
Photo of Tony C kc2dis

Tony C kc2dis

• 79 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I now have reinstalled and performed Tim‘s instructions for replacement of the drivers now the big problem is an error message that I get when I start the radio saying that the docs drivers are corrupted somehow. I am able to now get a waterfall in HRD deluxe without any errors from that program. I just don’t understand why I am getting the start up error Without any loss of functionality now. I guess the problem really comes down to me not understanding the function of darks completely and the difference between TCP and com ports I am wondering if I should do a complete uninstall and reinstall all of the program to see if that works. Any ideas before I spend two or three hours hacking away at the computer to get it to work properly? I love flex radio systems don’t get me wrong but this is probably the fourth or fifth time I’ve had to do this and it is unfortunate for a radio that cost so much