DM780 6.2.8 lockup issues - FYI

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago

FYI, in case anyone else sees this problem.

Newest version of DM780 released this week is locking up as soon as you transmit. I've tried with several different configurations (HRD, MiniDeluxe, DDUtil), both CAT and virtual PTT keting, makes no difference. Still locks up. HRD tried to say it was RF but with radio power at zero it still happens.

Many HRD users with various radios are having this issue with 6.2.8

I've reverted back to 6.2.7 for now and opened a ticket with HRD staff.

73, Dave, wo2x

Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1208 Posts
  • 249 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chuck

Chuck

• 55 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the info Dave,
Let us know what the ticket result is. I have their latest update, 628-322 I think. Previous I was one of the folks that HRD would fail upon load after exactly 20 seconds, they fixed that, with my TS590.
Received and installed my 6500 and now it looks like the hang has appeared as I had it fail just a couple of times.

Think I have SSDR working with HRD / DM780 but since my 6500 is only two days out of the box I am still checking and trying to control my port confusion. DH2ID put this on the HRD support forum.
Would you (or anyone else) agree/disagree with his method to load up. I am wondering about the reference to SmartCat & DAX in autostart.

Quote from the forum:

Hi,
1. Start SmartSDR.
2. Start SmartCAT. Create PTT port.
3. Start SmartDax. Select slice number.
4. Start MiniDeLuxe (newest version). Select serial port.
5. Start DM780. Select PTT port. Connect to radio.

In SmartSDR use DIGU 4k, use DAX, use VOX. save as profile.

Start exactly in this way, do not put SmartCAT and DAX in windows autostart, delete
the program links there as they were written during setup. You can't start the programs
automatically or by batch file, asSmartSDR must be running before starting the other
programs.

There you are, works for me, should work for you.

Alex DH2ID

Unquote.

EDIT:  Dave, I went with DDUtil V3 (could not get MiniDeluxe to work) and it works perfect and no hang ups from DM780 for about an hour or so now.

Chuck - w9nwr
(Edited)