Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

diversity receive 6700 - transmit protection of receiver

Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
There was another thread about protection of a Flex in a strong RF environment and some people are using external receiver guards to protect the receiver.  Is this an issue when the Flex 6700 is in diversity receive and transmits?  Ant 1 on my Flex 6700 goes through a legal limit amp to horizontal antennas (double bazookas for 80/40 and 30 and a HexBeam for 20 and up). Ant 2 is connected to a vertical antenna (Butternut HF6V about 60 feet from the base of the tower with the other antennas. Can transmitted RF from the Flex damage its own receiver in this configuration? I don't really want to put a receiver guard on Ant 2 as some cases, I may want to transmit on the vertical antenna.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    Is this an issue when the Flex 6700 is in diversity receive and transmits? 

The answer is probably not.  There is sufficient isolation when the RX signal path is switched out during TX when diversity reception is enabled.  When running 100W along with 60' of physical separation between the antennas and the isolation provided in the radio should prevent any issues of this nature.  If not, there are other protection mechanisms in the radio to prevent more serious damage.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Tim,

Thanks for the reply. What if I'm running legal limit?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.