Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Diversity Crash forces reset to factory defaults

Does your flex 6700 crash forcing a factory reset when you have 8 slices open (any combination of single with up to 3 diversity ) and then choose a single slice to go to diversity?

Does it behave properly and not crash? 

Inquiring minds want to know....

Comments

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    My understanding is SSDR have not enough traps to prevent such requests for the moment - 1 SCU for 4 slices, 2 SCU (F6700) - 4 slices where one with diversity , 8slices where one with diversity are impossible - need to have 3 SCU 
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes, you are correct in that it allows only 8 slices.

However, I'm looking for data from actually testing that limit when having a total of 8 slice receivers and then taking one of them to diversity.

The question is: 

Does your flex 6700 crash, requiring you  to perform a factory reset, when you have 8 slices open (any combination of single with up to 3 diversity ) and then choose one of the single slices to go to diversity?

Or, does it behave properly and ignore the request without crashing.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Well, i'll test today later, but normally it should be prohibit by SW
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    I would appreciate that...  Remember the test is taking an 8th slice receiver and setting it to diversity. 

Mystery Ham
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Factory Reset? I regular power cycle will not do?

• Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    You're correct , sort of...  I need to amend the question. 

It has to be forced off with a 5 second press of the power button...  not just a quick press to start the process. 

(It was recommended for me to do a factory reset by the folks at flex when this occurred so it has become the norm for me.)

And it's too late to amend the question....  :-(
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    So, did it crash for you?

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I will test right now, just wanted to make sure it didn't involve a factory reset :)
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Mine doesn't crash
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2019
    The 6700 will not crash when creating  a DIV slice when no slice resources are available, assuming you are running the latest software.  If there are no slice resources available when you try and create a DIV slice, simply none will be created.  If your radio is crashing, then there may be a problem with the slice index counter and a factory reset may be required to correct that.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    With 8 panadapters open, I select DIV and it will show blue (as in enabled) but it is not doing anything. If I close one of the panadapters I can then have DIV work, adding the slice next to it.

I tried having panadapters on different antennas and all kinds of different combos.
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    Current software(1.8.4.168), current firmware, factory resets performed (white flashy light on power button).  Occurs with 8 single slices, or 3 diversity slices and 2 singles, or any combination in between.

If it is crashing on this unit and no others, would that indicate an underlying issue beyond not keeping track of how many slices are open?

Thanks again,
    Mystery Ham
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for your data points...

Mystery Ham
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Something appears to be unique with your radio.  I recommend opening a HelpDesk ticket so we can investigate.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Just check - in case no resources, DIV can't be enable, open 8 slice and any pressing DIV make no sense in my case.

Mystery Ham , you have unique radio btw
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes, Tim says I have a unique radio! Its up for sale: $10000! It's been an open issue with the help desk for a little over 3 weeks now. So far It's a matter of telling the doctor,"Hey, my heart stops and I have to be resuscitated if I turn my head this way." And the doctor replies, "Don't turn your head that way and you'll be fine." Mystery Ham
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    Oh wait looks like you got a new software revision today. I'll update and see what happens tonight?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Have you actually performed the factory Reset? 
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes, maybe about 10 or 11 times during the period while I was actually testing the issue, and 5 are 6 more times when I accidentally bumped into the issue.
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    However, I can do it again this evening and I verify if it is still an issue.
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    Just to verify, holding the OK button and the power button and getting the white flashing light after it does a 5 second countdown.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    That is correct!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I'd look up your HD ticket, but I can't tell who you are
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    Request #14877    
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Just one question - are you radio started on 14.100 after factory reset and all profiles deleted ?
  • Mystery Ham
    Mystery Ham Member
    edited September 2016
    14.1 CW, and none of my profiles...  such my favorite that causes all the trouble :6 bands on WSPR, AM shortwave, and one to play with...
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Mr./Ms. Mystery Ham,

I run 4 slices with diversity on each one at times. That equals max  "8" slices on my 6700. Typically the freqs are WWV 5/10/15/20 MHz which tells me about propagation presently. I don't have any issues with crashes.

How is your PC doing during this load? I find that if your PC is running hard- 75 to 80% processor time you are in danger of a PC crash.

Jim

ka7zr  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.