Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DIV antenna selection

AH0U
AH0U Member
edited June 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I would like to use my RXa antenna as part of the DIV option but RXa is not a choice on the pull down... any thoughts on adding additional choices to the menu for the 6700???

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    RXa is a choice for DIV if you are using ANT2, and RXb is for ANT1.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    If RX-A is not an option, it is because that port cannot be used for that slice (SCU).
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't understand... can you be more specific... tnx
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2017
    Essentially if an antenna port is assigned to an SCU (digitizer), then that antenna port can't be used for assignment to a different SCU.  Some ports, like RX-A and RX-B have a direct relationship to SCU1 and SCU2 respectively.

I suspect ANT-1 on the parent slice is connected to SCU1 which is also directly connected to RX-A, making RX-A not available for the child slice.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited January 2017
    Got it .. TNX this will take some rethinking as my RX ant. Is on RXa so I guess I could set slice B as my TX active and then use RXa for the DIV combo.... I'll play with it

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.