Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digital mode filtering

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in
So far in my digital mode operation, it appears the "sweet spot" is 1500 hz up on the signal in digu. So if I am working a station who is either higher or lower than the 1500 hz CF and I decide to narrow the filter down to say 300 or 600 hz and the signal is further than 300 or 600 hz away that would put the received signal outside the bandpass which would require me to retune in order to make use of the filtering. It was really noticed operating digil for rtty where I usually have the cf at 2210 hz lower assuming I am using 2125/2295 for mark and space. I can move the cf by clicking over the base frequency and then move to set the CF, however, if I change modes or bands everything defaults back to a CF of 1500hz. I understand the filtering isn't complete and persistence is coming in ver1.0, however, will persistence include changing the cf for the mode or how will this be handled especially if fsk becomes a reality on the 6x00 series? On the other hand maybe I am missing something.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    "however, will persistence include changing the cf for the mode or how will this be handled especially if fsk becomes a reality on the 6x00 series?" Probably not because this is really a function of how the ASFK digital modes are configured in the software. When we add additional features to the digi modes, we will consider how DIGU is configured. There have been some requests to make it a ASFK RTTY centric mode and we will investigate that possibility.