Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digital signals abt 14074

AH0U
AH0U Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Signals at 14074 much wider that JT65... what mode is that??

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    FT8 - a new mode introduced in WSJT-X 1.8. I think you mean wider than JT9?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    And much faster... It's fun.
  • Lou Dietrich
    Lou Dietrich Member
    edited July 2017
    That is FT8....and much quicker JT65
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Any hints for setting 6700 to run with this?
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    In order to pass faster data these new digital modes are getting wider and wider.  IMO the wider these digital modes get, the less sense they make, especially given the short data strings being sent.  Makes me wonder where this craziness will end... when data bandwidth modes exceeds ESSB bandwidth? :) 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

same as JT65 except keep the bandwidth to 3KHz rather than 5KHz

Works down to about -20dB but really fast like in a contest

On my first day, yesterday worked a couple of dozen countries and one today

Much more action than one would expect from a new mode

I do not believe that LOTW recognizes the mode

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Any clues as to set up?? I see the waterfall ok and it seems to transmit ok...controls the 6700 ok but no decode or no signals showing... DAX seems to be ok... clues???
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

USE DIGIU

Make sure you are receiving Dax1 audio

Look at the level of the receiver on WSJT to see the level

I will post a screen shot

^

|

|

Lower left corner is the level

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    My screen is blank... DAX is showing fine and the vertical audio bar in the software runs about 60 percent green bar at bottom says receiving but nothing on the screen
  • W0JD
    W0JD Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    FT8 is actually not wider.

The JT subband regularly contains many dozens of QSOs in less than 4khz of bandwidth. The bandwidth breakdown by modeis a follows JT9 15.6hz, FT8 47hz, JT65 177.6hz. Often times the JT65 QSO's are highly overlapped, with the JT9 subnet almost empty.

Hope this new mode takes off as JT65 is not very efficient compared to JT9 and FT8. 

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

First  switch back to JT 65 and see if that works

If so, then play with the levels in DAX to see if you can decode

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The main issue with FT8 is that it is not an ultra weak signal mode so I does not decode below -20dB. That may be OK for Legacy radio's with lots of internal phase noise but with my 6700 I have made JT65 Q as low as -29Db which opened up lots of rally far away DX
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    OTOH. THE FAST Q's are a blast
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes JT65 works fine so I'll try levels Tnx
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Works pretty good here. Was beaming bidirectional 50/230. 

• John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    It's a lot of fun! The speed vs JT65/JT9 is a game changer. Here is a little video showing a QSO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE8Wxi0BYNI

• Logan KE7AZ
    Logan KE7AZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Wow.  Just installed it and it was ready to go.  First contact took a little fiddling - it was really fast.  The auto feature is essential.  Just a little worried, though, with a little code tweaking, the auto seq could just sit there, wait for the CQ's, make the contact, and log it.  Imagine, start it up when you go to work and when you get home, see if you made DXCC!
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I've been on and off today working 6 meters and other bands. I think that for 6 it may not fully replace the JT65 and JT9 modes because I can only get reliable decodes down to about -18 or so. But on JT65/JT9 I can go all the way down to -23 and maybe more. Ria

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.