Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digital Radio Mondial (DRM) on 6(3,5,7)000

k3Tim
k3Tim Member ✭✭✭

I have been trying for sometime (months) to get DMR working on a 6500. Using the Dream s/w receiver (without the AAC decoder). Finally, found a quasi-strong signal from the BBC in the predawn hours that kicks in Dream DMR and decodes the program information.  NOT having the AAC decoder Dream says "decoder not found".  Does anyone have a DLL of this missing piece?

The Dream website has the source code but I'd just assume to not build it.

Questions about setting up the F-6K for DRM.  I tried I/Q streams data but this did not seem to work.  Using a DaX Rcv channel did. It was set to 24Ks/sec as was Dream. Mode was DIGU and filter width matched the transmission. Lock seems to drop out fairly easily, perhaps not surprsing with a SNR under 8. Are the F-6K settings correct?

In DIGx mode is there any difference in the Dax Rcv stream versus the DaX I/Q stream besides the bandwidth?  I'd be inclined to say no.

_..--
k3Tim

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You need this file

https://mega.co.nz/#!m5RUHIDQ!SqcGUBSGMFSTAm0qxx78RDYRoIJW0T545QQyRJ_dFuE

faad2_drm.dll

You can also try this dropbox link if the mega one doesn't work https://www.dropbox.com/s/85xw3erhcvlh2z6/faad2_drm.dll?dl=0

SETTINGS that work for me

Settings > Sound Card > Signal Input > Device > Dax Audio RX1

Settings > Sound Card > Signal Input > Channel > L + R

Settings > Sound Card > Signal Input > Sample Rate > 48000 Hz
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Also, here is a video with those settings receiving a New Zealand DRM station with a Signal of 5 from Barbados.

For the file above to work make sure to just place it in the same folder as the DREAM executable.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Maybe one day it will be a WAVEFORM plug-in that you could download from flex?
    :)
    73'KC2QMA
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This is very helpful!  A big thanks...

Now to get up at the **** of dawn and give it a go.

A waveform may be problematic due to the license unless users pony up. One problem is there doesn't seem to be many DMR stations stateside at  a decent hour.

Many Thanks,

k3Tim

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This is very helpful!  A big thanks...

Now to get up at the **** of dawn and give it a go.

A waveform may be problematic due to the license unless users pony up. One problem is there doesn't seem to be many DMR stations stateside at  a decent hour.

Many Thanks,

k3Tim

• W8TZ Ross
    W8TZ Ross Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Voice of Nigeria has DRM programming starting at 1800 UTC on 15.114.5.

imageimage

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.