Digital Radio Mondial (DRM) on 6(3,5,7)000

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I have been trying for sometime (months) to get DMR working on a 6500. Using the Dream s/w receiver (without the AAC decoder). Finally, found a quasi-strong signal from the BBC in the predawn hours that kicks in Dream DMR and decodes the program information.  NOT having the AAC decoder Dream says "decoder not found".  Does anyone have a DLL of this missing piece?

The Dream website has the source code but I'd just assume to not build it.

Questions about setting up the F-6K for DRM.  I tried I/Q streams data but this did not seem to work.  Using a DaX Rcv channel did. It was set to 24Ks/sec as was Dream. Mode was DIGU and filter width matched the transmission. Lock seems to drop out fairly easily, perhaps not surprsing with a SNR under 8. Are the F-6K settings correct?

In DIGx mode is there any difference in the Dax Rcv stream versus the DaX I/Q stream besides the bandwidth?  I'd be inclined to say no.

_..--
k3Tim
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 803 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

• 1721 Posts
  • 524 Reply Likes
You need this file

https://mega.co.nz/#!m5RUHIDQ!SqcGUBSGMFSTAm0qxx78RDYRoIJW0T545QQyRJ_dFuE

faad2_drm.dll

You can also try this dropbox link if the mega one doesn't work https://www.dropbox.com/s/85xw3erhcvlh2z6/faad2_drm.dll?dl=0

SETTINGS that work for me

Settings > Sound Card > Signal Input > Device > Dax Audio RX1

Settings > Sound Card > Signal Input > Channel > L + R

Settings > Sound Card > Signal Input > Sample Rate > 48000 Hz
(Edited)
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

• 1721 Posts
  • 524 Reply Likes
Also, here is a video with those settings receiving a New Zealand DRM station with a Signal of 5 from Barbados.

For the file above to work make sure to just place it in the same folder as the DREAM executable.
(Edited)
Photo of John NY

John NY

• 497 Posts
  • 169 Reply Likes
Maybe one day it will be a WAVEFORM plug-in that you could download from flex?
:)
73'KC2QMA
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 803 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
This is very helpful!  A big thanks...

Now to get up at the crack of dawn and give it a go.

A waveform may be problematic due to the license unless users pony up. One problem is there doesn't seem to be many DMR stations stateside at  a decent hour.

Many Thanks,

k3Tim
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 803 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
This is very helpful!  A big thanks...

Now to get up at the crack of dawn and give it a go.

A waveform may be problematic due to the license unless users pony up. One problem is there doesn't seem to be many DMR stations stateside at  a decent hour.

Many Thanks,

k3Tim
Photo of Ross

Ross

• 18 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Voice of Nigeria has DRM programming starting at 1800 UTC on 15.114.5.

(Edited)