Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digital Interfacing Flex-3000

Earl
Earl Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am new to SDR and a new Lex-3000 owner.  I am having a devil of a time setting this up for digital modes.  I have installed VAC, VSP, and MixW2.  Biggest problem seems to be with CAT.  Not at all sure of ComPort settings!  HELP Please!

Answers

• Thomas Dove
    Thomas Dove Member
    edited November 2014
    Earl,

I also had a hard time with that earlier this year. I put a method that finally worked for me with FlDigi on my Web site:

http://tomdove.com/blog/ham-radio/software-defined-radio-sdr/

Hope this helps.

Tom / k3orc
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Earl, I use my Flex with digital modes a LOT!  It is very easy to interface it  once you get used to the usual CAT settings. The problem is usually with the digital mode software since some offer multiple ways of achieving PTT . Some are easy to set up for CAT but require additional set up for PTT. Some allow you to achive PTT via a CAT command, some do not.  In general, when they allow PTT via CAT, I find that easiest. I'm happy to talk you through it if you need help with specific digital mode sofware since I use practically ALL of them. Andy K3UK
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Earl - the info you are looking for is in the FLEX Knowledge Base.  There is an article that has a link to a step-by-step setup of PowerSDR with Fldigi.

http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50485.aspx

Once you have the concepts down for one digital mode program, all of the others are very similar.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.