Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digital initial transmit issue

Ian1
Ian1 Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Take a look at the Video to see what the Radio is doing.

The 1st 1 to 2 sec it seems like the signal is almost like a MFSK 16. I can't believe I would have missed this for 6 months. I just noticed it start yesterday. The radio workes fine otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IDnXyN5LFQ

Any ideas of what could cause this or if its normal would be appreciated.

Flex 6700
Running DM780 and keying with DAX

PS I updated to latest DM780 and it is the same.

Ian

Answers

• Chuck - KJ6HT
    Chuck - KJ6HT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

I looks like you have RSID optioned on in DM780. It is a soft key on the main page of DM780. The soft key is on the same tool bar as send, auto etc. This is not a bad thing, it lets the receiving station know beforehand what type of data is coming.

Chuck

• Chuck - KJ6HT
    Chuck - KJ6HT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015

RSID = Reed-Solomon Identification (RSID) of digital modes

Go to http://www.w1hkj.com/RSID_description.html for an in depth description.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Switch off RSID in DM780 and it will go away. The RSID code you transmit this way shows which mode you are using to other stations. This is very useful when transmitting in modes which are seldom used.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Guys

I guess what has happened is there are two functions for RSID  receiver and a Transmit.

Never realized that as I have always used it in receiver however that button I added and selected on the DM780 waterfall turns on the Transmit of RSID.

Thank You to Chuck and Alex I appreciate the quick response.

Ian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.