Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digital (DAX) Separate Power Level?

Options
David Salomon
David Salomon Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is it possible to set a different power level for data coming from a DAX channel vs the power level set for TX?  For operating digital and voice, I'd like to be able to automatically set a lower power level when transmitting from a DAX channel, then automatically revert to the previous, higher power level when keying the mic.

Is this possible currently in SSDR / 6600M?

73 - David, AG4F

Answers

• NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    No, but your question suggests that you may not be using the DAX TX channel in the recommended way.

As I understand it (and as I use it), the transmit power level when sending audio data from the DAX TX channel should be set to 100%.  I believe there is a white paper in the knowledge base to this effect.  Control the transmit power level using the DAX TX channel gain.

If you normally transmit voice at 100%, or some lesser level, you should be able to use that level for both SSB and Digital, and vary the actual digital transmit power level with the DAX TX channel gain.

That's what I do, for better or worse.

• David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Options
    That's a good idea (why didn't I think of that :).  Now that you mentioned it, I do recall reading that.  I'll try to reduce the TX Gain in DAX to see if I can achieve what I'm trying to do.  My issue is that I'm using a T2FD for both voice and data.  The terminating resistor is rated at 1400 watts PEP, but only 350 continuous, hence my need to ensure that I'm not sending data at high power.  I don't want to watch that resistor catch fire. :)

73 - David, AG4F
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Set up your Profiles for each Mode with different power output levels that suits your needs.

Bret
    WX7Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.