Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Did FlexRadio **** DSTAR DV voice?

KENT HUFFORD
KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
FlexRadio had two Waveforms software files posted. FreeDV and DSTAR. FlexRadio was also selling the NW Digital DV3000 USB stick to allow all 6xxx(non M) series radios to do DSTAR on HF, Transverters, and 2m on the 6700. 
The USB stick and the DSTAR software works. It does have a timing issue with coding. It adds about 1/2 sec decoded audio to a new decode. Very irritating, but it WORKS. There are(were?) multiple trouble tickets on this issue. I have been told, in the Flex booth at major Hamfests, that it will be fixed sometime, but not a priority<sic>.

Now I see FlexRadio does not sell the USB stick anymore, and I cannot find the DSTAR waveform software in the FlexRadio download area. I do have a zipped copy of the last one tho.

I hope FlexRadio just took down the file, because they are working on the fix to the software. Using the Flex 6xxx on DSTAR is a great capability. Whether it be on 2m, 440m DSTAR repeaters or on DSTAR HF.

Of course you can still do DSTAR DV on HF with ICOM 7100, 9100, and any HF transceiver that has a 9600 baud packet port and a GMSK modem and DVDONGLE.

Answers

• W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Still working on my 6400 so not sure .. Did the wave form files disappear ?
  • KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I cannot find them on the FLEX web site. 
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Neither can I, and I was looking for the DStar one just the other day.  If you do have a previous version, can I get a copy?

73 - David, AG4F
  • W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I dont see the DStar wave form .. Rather unusual ..
  • W1MSG
    W1MSG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I'll see if I still have my copy ..
  • KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    sure, I sent a zip file to your arrl address and it bounced

• David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Odd.  Please try david_salomon@hotmail.com.

73 - David
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It is there on page 6 at the bottom the page at https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/ .  It is an exe file.
  • KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The only DV file I find on page 6(or any other of the 155 files) is for FreeDV. That is not the same waveform for DSTAR DV.

Some one at Flex should point us to the file. Or, answer my question.
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    To anyone still looking for the D-STAR waveform, I finally found a copy (buried deep in a directory tree in a backup drive, doh).

Anyone that wants it can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wat6xfyt6097447/AAB6kAqBdMPUAX610S6G0IB9a?dl=0

David, AG4F
  • Kent Hufford
    Kent Hufford Member ✭✭

The last time I was at a FLEX booth at a Ham Fest, I was assured that getting DSTAR to work on the 6xxx series again was a priority.

In the summer of 2020, I think Flex had programmers were working on it between other priorities.

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭

I know that Annaliese has been working on the Codec2 waveform and her Github repo has updates as recently as 2 months ago. I did manage to build it from source and got it (sort of) working on my 6500 but as it is a work-in-progress, it did crash a few times.

More info at https://github.com/mcdermj/smartsdr-codec2/tree/circular-buffer-locking

There is another branch there which talks about ThumbDV and SSDR v3 support but I haven't played with that (yet)

73 Phil M0VSE

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

@David Salomon, the dropbox link you provided shows a 404 error for me that the "file isn't here anymore". Any update? Can posts be edited by their authors?

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@John - WA7UAR ;-) - yes, posts can be edited by the author for up to an hour after posting by clicking on the "..." icon that appears to the far right of the author's name.

• James Nelson
    James Nelson Member ✭✭

Had no luck ever with the dongle on DV mode ever on my 6700 in any release to date. I guess there is a driver issue and hopefully will be sorted soon. I accept the priority is not so critical at this time. With the IC705 release we have another Dstar capable radio of DV mode over HF. My fingers remain crossed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.