Did FlexRadio kill DSTAR DV voice?

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
FlexRadio had two Waveforms software files posted. FreeDV and DSTAR. FlexRadio was also selling the NW Digital DV3000 USB stick to allow all 6xxx(non M) series radios to do DSTAR on HF, Transverters, and 2m on the 6700. 
The USB stick and the DSTAR software works. It does have a timing issue with coding. It adds about 1/2 sec decoded audio to a new decode. Very irritating, but it WORKS. There are(were?) multiple trouble tickets on this issue. I have been told, in the Flex booth at major Hamfests, that it will be fixed sometime, but not a priority<sic>.

Now I see FlexRadio does not sell the USB stick anymore, and I cannot find the DSTAR waveform software in the FlexRadio download area. I do have a zipped copy of the last one tho.

I hope FlexRadio just took down the file, because they are working on the fix to the software. Using the Flex 6xxx on DSTAR is a great capability. Whether it be on 2m, 440m DSTAR repeaters or on DSTAR HF.

Of course you can still do DSTAR DV on HF with ICOM 7100, 9100, and any HF transceiver that has a 9600 baud packet port and a GMSK modem and DVDONGLE.
Photo of KENT HUFFORD

KENT HUFFORD

• 71 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of W1MSG

W1MSG

• 40 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Still working on my 6400 so not sure .. Did the wave form files disappear ?
Photo of KENT HUFFORD

KENT HUFFORD

• 71 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I cannot find them on the FLEX web site. 
Photo of David Salomon

David Salomon

• 108 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Neither can I, and I was looking for the DStar one just the other day.  If you do have a previous version, can I get a copy?

73 - David, AG4F
Photo of W1MSG

W1MSG

• 40 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I'll see if I still have my copy ..
Photo of KENT HUFFORD

KENT HUFFORD

• 70 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
sure, I sent a zip file to your arrl address and it bounced
Photo of David Salomon

David Salomon

• 108 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Odd.  Please try david_salomon@hotmail.com.

73 - David
Photo of W1MSG

W1MSG

• 40 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Photo of W1MSG

W1MSG

• 40 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I dont see the DStar wave form .. Rather unusual ..
Photo of Don - kx9q

Don - kx9q

• 433 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
It is there on page 6 at the bottom the page at https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/ .  It is an exe file.
Photo of KENT HUFFORD

KENT HUFFORD

• 70 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
The only DV file I find on page 6(or any other of the 155 files) is for FreeDV. That is not the same waveform for DSTAR DV.

Some one at Flex should point us to the file. Or, answer my question.