Did anyone who has paid their 6600M invoice get a tracking number yet?

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
Photo of K4ELO

K4ELO

• 96 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of N7IPY

N7IPY

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I called today to make sure my PayPal payment went through and that all was well with my payment and was told that the Flex Folks are a few weeks away from shipping units.  I reserved a 6400 back on Saturday at Dayton (Xina) and was told about 3 weeks to go.  What's a few more weeks after waiting for 8 months?  One of my other interests is Live Steam Trains and I waited over a year for a Steam Engine/Tender to arrive from the factory.  
Photo of YV5WZ

YV5WZ

• 393 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
"I received an email form Katie answer me that question, She says shipping begin first week of February...."

Keep Cool
and
Flex 6600 will arrive 

hehehehe...

(Edited)
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 341 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
Sounds like at least 3 more weeks before shipments begin.  I wont believe it until a 6400/6600 actually goes out the door.!   
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 904 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
Ditto! Collect the money and wait some more!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it is, what it is)
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2270 Posts
  • 904 Reply Likes
They won’t be shipping yet. 1st week of feb, by all indications. Ask sales if you have any specific questions.
Photo of Michael Wheatley

Michael Wheatley

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
OK, why have they been delayed again?
Photo of Michael Wheatley

Michael Wheatley

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
That is not what Gerald said.  He said "for volume shipments going into February" which does not say "starting in February" but rather gives the clear impression that shipments would begin in January and continue into February.  

It appears to me that FlexRadio is being far from forthright regarding the state of our orders.  We have been told that no issues have been found that affect the hardware.  So is the hardware all assembled and boxed up and ready to go? 

As a professional software developer I completely understand that process and the need to thoroughly test software and fix any bugs found.  If that process needs more time -- let us know and provide us with some details.  Leaving us in the dark about this simply causes us to worry about the integrity of the software, the hardware and the firm itself.

Respectfully,

Michael, KM6LHD
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
It appears to me that FlexRadio is being far from forthright regarding the state of our orders.  We have been told that no issues have been found that affect the hardware.  So is the hardware all assembled and boxed up and ready to go? 

Not boxed up, because the radios will need to have the production software installed on them before shipping, but yes, ready to go.
Photo of spinnaker

spinnaker

• 37 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
That's reassuring.  I think current frustration was precipitated by the words, "volume shipments going into February."  Why not have said, e.g., "first GA units to ship mid-late January timeframe, with volume shipments to commence on/about Feb 1st"?  Where big ticket items are the concern, clarity is essential in order to maintain a relationship of trust.  
Photo of Marc Lalonde

Marc Lalonde

• 356 Posts
  • 87 Reply Likes
it a SDR i may put software on it my self ;-)  , you may even ship me a door stopper  whit no software on it and i not care  , may add a extra option for let chose from perfect out of the box experience , "OR" dont complain you what it before soft is finish  ...
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 341 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
I just hope we don't have another delay Feb 1!  "going into Feb" could mean any time in Feb?  
(Edited)
Photo of Craig Williams

Craig Williams

• 87 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Interesting that Ham radio manufacturers are "introducing" radios 6 months to a year before they are ready to ship. I know they know it will dry up the orders for their existing models but they do it anyway. Very strange.
Photo of Gary L. Robinson

Gary L. Robinson

• 248 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
I would guess part of that is because of the competition in the industry for both analog and sdr rigs.  Also would guess that pre-orders give the manufacturer a clue as to how many radios they need to produce.  Might not be a great idea to make 3 zillion radios and find out only 3000 folks are interested.   Just a guess, though, and my 2 cents worth (before taxes). 
(Edited)
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2998 Posts
  • 660 Reply Likes
Craig, this is how Flex has done it for all models for years. After the radio is shipped they still sell for years after.
Photo of YV5WZ

YV5WZ

• 393 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
OMG I haven't have found sugar, coffee, milk nor rice at any supermarket, thanks God I still have some pasta and tea
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3593 Posts
  • 1446 Reply Likes

Thanks George for Putting the anxiety into a real world perspective

Hopefully something positive will finally happen to your beautiful country soon...

Photo of YV5WZ

YV5WZ

• 393 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
Thanks Howard!!
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2270 Posts
  • 904 Reply Likes
George - I feel your situation because I am from your neighboring country and lots of your fellow countrymen and women are coming over on boats to buy basic necessities. I hope things get better or you are able to get out. If you come up this way would love to meet up.

Ria
Photo of YV5WZ

YV5WZ

• 393 Posts
  • 48 Reply Likes
Thanks Ria!!!....I really appreciate your thoughts...Thanks!!....I think you know ..my plans is to move to Equator....in spite of I lived at States and loved it....I guess my best bet is Equator.....By the way I sold my 6300 to a friend who live at California Brian, AI6US

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1590 Posts
  • 555 Reply Likes
The timing is working out pretty well, here. Just moved from Vegas to Washington (one sin city to another, I guess), and the early-February time frame is allowing me to unpack and scope out the antenna situation ina much more leisurely manner.

Looking forward to a plug-and-play resumption of Flex activity soon!

BTW, for those considering a trade-up, big props to the team, particularly Mike and Matt. The process with my 6500 was about as simple and fair as it could be. Extremely happy with their service.