Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Did 2.0.19 get pulled from the home page on the FlexRadio.com Website?

Jay -- N0FB
Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Looks like the 2.0.19 release link from the www.flexradio.com home page has reverted to the 2.0.17 links.  The 2.0.19 installers are still available in the download section of the website.   Was this intentional?   Should we not upgrade to 2.0.19?

Answers

• Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It shows the 2.0.19 announcement for me along with the 1.11.12 announcement.  You might want to clear your cache to get the latest version of the FlexRadio home page.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    V2.0.19 shows up when I checked, both under FLEX Signature Series SDR (FLEX-6000 Family & Maestro), and also under SmartSDR for Windows. (I assume this is the same file.)
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    what is the diff from 2.17 to 2.19?
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Bill

Just a guess based on the changelog and release notes for 2.0.19.
    They both mention that 2.0.19 will be compatible with the new Maestro hardware.
    I figure it would probably be necessary for the 6XXX-M models to have a version of SmartSDR that's compatible with their displays. Releasing the changes ahead of shipping the 6XXX-M and then using it with the existing 6XXXs should allow compatibility and stability testing. SmartSDR has to work with the older 6XXX's and the new 6XXX-M's. Getting the new hardware and it's new software out to the alpha testers soon is probably a good, and necessary thing.

73 Jay / NO5J  

• NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    SmartSDR 2.0.19 was released to update the Maestro code with changes necessary to support the latest revision of the Maestro hardware. SmartSDR for Windows and for Maestro are always released together and always share release numbers. SmartSDR for Windows 2.0.19 was released because the Maestro code is needed now. The changes to the Windows code were minor.

If you don't need the Maestro update, you can probably stay on 2.0.17 for now.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    I disagree with Dave's advice.  

There are a few bug fixes in 2.0.19 (especially one for CAT).  And if you need support, we require that you are running the latest released version of SmartSDR before we begin any troubleshooting activities.  It is always best to be running the latest version of software and firmware for your FLEX-6000.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I rescind that comment.  Sorry, Tim.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2017
    No problem, Dave.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.