Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DEMI transverter IF input power level

Options
Levente VE7BDK
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello! I have a DEMI L432-28HP UHF transverter with 10m IF which I am using as part of a Flex-6700 full duplex Mode J/Mode B satellite setup. I have a question regarding the "Max Power (dBm)" parameter on the XVTR tab under Settings/Radio Setup. From what I understand, according to page 107 of the SmartSDR user manual, this number should be the IF input power level to the transverter, in dBm, which produces the maximum nominal output power of the transverter, in my case 50W. To establish this value, I have done some measurements to correlate the reading on the Tune Power slider in SmartSDR (0-100) with the IF output power of the XVTR port of the Flex, and the the output power of the transverter. According to my measurements, when the power slider is at 100, an IF level of -14.2 dBm produces 47 dBm or 50.12W output. Now, when I try to enter this -14.2 dBm into the "Max Power (dBm)" SmartSDR overwrites my entry to -10 dBm. Is there anything I can do to be able to enter the correct value? 73 Levente VE7BDK

Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Levente. I have just a plain DEMI transvertor.   In my case, there is a potentiometer on the bottom of the transvertor which adjusts the attenuation of the TX input.  So...in my case, I adjusted the transvertor to match 100% FLEX TX output.

There is a second potentiometer which adjusts RF gain on the RX output to the FLEX.

Alan
    WA9WUD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.