DEMI 2MLDPA-75 2 Meter Amp/Preamp for the FLEX-6700 FOR SALE

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
I normally wouldn’t consider advertising an item for sale on
the FLEX Community but this item is special.  It is the Down East Microwave Inc (DEMI) 2MLDPA-75 which was designed to take the milliWatt XVTR output from the FLEX-6700 and produce a good clean transmit signal in the vicinity of 50 Watts.  In the receive direction the 2MLDPA-75 includes a 17 dB receive preamp which can be switched in/out of the receive circuit.

This 2MLDPA is approximate 14 months old.  When it was tested by Rob Sherwood he found spurious emissions during transmit.  The 2MLDPA was returned to DEMI and they upgraded the unit to include the current transmit power devices.  (The original parts have been discontinued.)  The unit was retested by Rob and it is now clean on transmit and receive.

I purchased the 2MLDPA to drive a 300W 2 meter amplifier which required 30-50 Watts of exciter drive.  I am selling the DEMI because, thanks to a tip from Gerald, I have a Beko HLN-1000LPD on its way.  The Beko produces 1,000 Watts of output on 2 meters from a drive level of either 3 mW or 10 Watts.  Therefore, I will drive it directly with the FLEX-6700 XVTR output.  I am pairing the Beko amplifier with a Beko HPP-144 Low Noise mast mounted Preamplifier which is rated to pass thru 2.5 KW during transmit.

The current backlog at DEMI is 6 months. This unit has been recently tested and it is ready to go for the summer VHF contests or any 2 meter activity.  The 2MLDPA-75 manual and schematic can be downloaded here:

http://01895fa.netsolhost.com/PDF/Manuals/2M-LDPA.pdf

If a FLEX-6700 owner is interested in my DEMI 2MLDPA amplifier/preamp you can reach me off of this reflector at AlphaAlphaFIVEGolfIndia [at] Yahoo [dot] com.

Thanks.

Reg

Photo of Reg

Reg

• 120 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Steve K9ZW

Steve K9ZW, Elmer

• 1207 Posts
  • 634 Reply Likes

email sent

Steve K9ZW

Photo of Reg

Reg

• 120 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
The DEMI 2MLDPA-75 has been sold, paid for, and shipped.  Thank you for the inquiries.

Reg
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 3823 Posts
  • 1164 Reply Likes
No wonder Steve wins a lot of contest awards. He is very quick at the keyboard!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.