Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Dell Venue Pro 8 Tablet and DAX-IQ

Paul Christensen, W9AC
Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Has anyone gotten DAX-IQ to work with a Dell Venue Pro 8 tablet PC?  Normal DAX channels work, but not the four IQ channels.  Tnx.

Paul, W9AC

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    What are you using with the DAX IQ channels?
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    edited November 2016
    CW Skimmer with SDR-Bridge.
  • W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited May 2014
    What does the DAX Control Panel show - can you post a screen shot of it? That tells you everything you need to know about whether your radio is streaming IQ data.
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    edited November 2016

On the DAX control panel, what's key is that the IQ Stream never shows a kbps rate; it just stays at zero.  This is only occurring on the Venue 8 Pro tablet PC, not my other desktop PCs.   

No matter how I try to assign the stream it just stays at zero on the tablet.  The IQ stream should normally show a kbps rate when assigned in the SSDR DAX tab even without CW skimmer & SDR-Bridge running. 

Paul, W9AC 

• W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited May 2014

Paul,

From what I've seen it's the radio itself that is streaming IQ data. The client has no part in streaming the IQ data other than to configure the radio to start streaming it. So it's hard to understand why the client on the Venue 8 Pro Tablet would behave differently.

Are you closing the client on the desktop PC before trying to stream IQ data to the tablet client?  I don't think you can have two clients open to one radio streaming IQ data simultaneously.

- Bob, W1RE

• W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited May 2014

Also, verify the following; Start->Run then type msinfo32.  Click on Software Environment and expand. Expand System Drivers. Look for flexradiosystemdaxservice_iq and verify that iqdax.sys driver State is Running on the tablet.

• Paul Christensen, W9AC
    edited November 2016

Great info.  I'll check it tomorrow and report back.  Yes, only one client is open at a time.

Paul, W9AC

• W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited May 2014

Okay. If you can post a screenshot of the DAX Controller status from the Dell Venue tablet too that would be helpful also.

Have a good night.

• Paul Christensen, W9AC
    edited November 2016

Bob,

You're the man.  Went back for one last try before packing it in for night.  Although I've only been running SSDR on one PC at a time on the home LAN, DAX was running in the background (through the system tray process) on my main shack PC with SSDR closed when I was trying to run SSDR and DAX on the Dell tablet PC.  

Maybe this is discussed in the manual and I missed it, but anyone flipping back & forth between multiple PCs on a network needs to ensure that DAX is not running in the background on ANY OTHER PC than the one you're using.  Moral of the story:   If leaving one PC to use another, completely close DAX (i.e., stop DAX system process) before switching PCs!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Paul, W9AC  

• W1RE
    W1RE Member
    edited May 2014

Glad to hear it Paul. The symptoms you were describing matched those I've experienced so I thought I'd reiterate those things that I have tripped over myself.

This whole setup (SSDR, Bridge, Skimmer) has really got me excited. Truly fantastic integration and very power technology - I'm hooked!

GL,

- Bob, W1RE 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.