Dell stylus on first gen. Maestro?

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Answered
I just realized I had a Dell 500 stylus here from days gone by.  I did a search and didn't find any posts where anyone was able to use one.  Is this even possible?  I'm kind of fat fingered and the stylus might be a little more accurate for me.  Thanks   Mike
Photo of Mike  W1BFA in Maine

Mike W1BFA in Maine

• 92 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 573 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
try it and see, it won't hurt anything
Bret
WX7Y

Mike W1BFA in Maine

• 92 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I just tried it and no reaction at all.  I didn't know if the blue tooth would connect without access to the Windows interface but I hoped it would react to it with the capacitive touch..   dunno?
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 573 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
I just tried a plane Jane stylus that you can buy anywhere and it works just fine. The Dell one you have must have extra hardware that the computer needs to work, who knows.
If yours is bluetooth the Maestro does not support Bluetooth or a way to set it up.

In fact I have tried 4 different ones here and they all worked fine., just go to Walmart and buy one that looks like a pen and your all set.
73's
Bret
WX7Y

Mike W1BFA in Maine

• 92 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I think I've got a couple of those kicking around..  I just spotted this one and got into the "I wonder if" mode..  thanks Bret!
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 280 Posts
  • 81 Reply Likes
See my post and picture in this thread of a working Dell stylus.  You might want to check/change the battery.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/long-click-on-maestro

Mike W1BFA in Maine

• 92 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I dug out an old styus I had with a soft hollow rubber tip like Bret suggested and it works like a champ..  John. checked the batteries in the Dell 500 and they are fine.  This is the PN556W active stylus with a small hard tip..  The Maestro doesn't react to just using the tip at all and I didn't really expect any reaction to the bluetooth.  The Ipad pro sees the bluetooth and connects to it but theres no software to support it.
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2270 Posts
  • 904 Reply Likes
Active styli - iPad only works with Apple pencil. I have one and yes, Apple pencil does work with SSDR for iOS. It will also work with passive styli. 
(Edited)
Photo of Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

• 104 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Stylus from my Samsung Note 4 won't work on my computer touch screen while el cheapo stylus will.  My guess is the same thing will occur on the Flex 6600M when it gets here.