Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DDutil and CAT commands.

pa0bie
pa0bie Member
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I tried to make a macro in DDutil that did not work. The same macro works for all bands except for the 2 meter band. Is this a limitation from CAT or from DDutil  ?

ZZFA00145540000;ZZMD01;ZZFI02;

Answers

• Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This appears to be a SSCAT defect as it doesn't work in the SSCAT Tester either.
  • BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited January 2018

It's a problem in the CatClasses.xml file (where the parameters for each CAT command are defined).  I need to change the allowable upper frequency to include 2 meters, right now it is at 77 MHz.

BobT

• pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Bob for the info. After making a back-up copy , I changed on 4 places the 77 to 150 , and it works now. I used Notepad++ for it.
  • BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited May 2014
    Great!  I wish all problems were that easy to solve :>)
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

I noticed several CAT commands in the CatClasses.xml file that will return a response but are evidentally not fully implemented as commands yet.  Will these be implemented soon?  I look forward to possibly have a full CAT command structure like those in PowerSDR.   Jim K4JAF

• BobT
    BobT Company Adviser
    edited May 2014

Jim,

I don't believe you will see a "full" CAT command structure like PowerSDR in CAT for SmartSDR.  The current implementation Is a minimalist approach, only those commands required by the more popular third-party programs, have been included.  The goal here is to encourage third-party developers to work with the FlexLib API, infinitely more efficient than the legacy CAT/serial port method.

All the commands you see in CatClasses.xml were originally on the "maybe" list.  Some made it to implementation, some didn't. 

All that said, here's the bottom line:  Flex Radio is driven by customer demands.  If enough users request a feature, it will probably get incorporated.  It is all matter of priority and resources.

BTW, I am not a FlexRadio employee, just one of the volunteer developers, so I can't officially speak for FRS.

BobT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.