Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DDUTIL v3 issue

James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
DDUTIL V3 fails to run with a fatal error- has anyone seen this , and what did you do to fix it.

Comments

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Did this happen after the last Windows 10 update? 
    If so, check your virtual com ports.
    Are you running SmartSDR or PowerSDR?
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    the same thing has happened to me but I have not bothered to try and solve it because I don't use ddutil right now.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    NO this started happened before the update from Windows. I think it started about 2-3 months ago, but I like to use it monitor the temperature of the radio while I contest. All my comports are working as prescribed, very odd

• Mal
    Mal Member
    edited April 2019
    That happened to me after I had my computer shut down for a few days. What happened was that the port # changed to 200. Apparently port #s over 199 will not be recognized. I went into control panel and gave the port a number less than 199 and then changed the number in DDUtil.
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I have seen this especially with bluetooth devices which create virtual comm ports to allow programs to talk with their device. Go to the device Manager in the Control Panel and look for bluetooth comm ports that do not start with COMM in the name.

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

running this utility http://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html#arbiter and clearing the in use status of every com port except the actual com ports that show up in the device manager fixed this ddutil issue for me just now. It is explained in this thread. https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/every-com-port-up-to-206-showing-in-use

use the clear non present button at the bottom of the utility to clear the proper com port in use status.

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited April 2017

THANKS TIM I was worried after I download the link. My Flex Control is on port 444 so I guess Windows will reassign the port after the cleaner does what it's suppose to do.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.