Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DDutil v3 and SmartSDR v3 - DDutil keeps shutting down on TX

jerry stern
jerry stern Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I had DDutil v 3 and SSDR v3 working together with my 6700 for some time.  Basically I use it for one purpose - the autodrive power function when my Alpha 87a amp is on or off.  All was well until a major Win10 update.  Nothing worked including SSDR/CAT/DAX.  I did a complete uninstall including hidden ports, then reinstalled.  My 6700 worked fine after that but kept getting  DDutil error with config file, so I did a complete unstall of DDutil including the files located in Users/Appdata both under DDutil and Roaming.    So DDutil works fine and communicates and controls my 6700 but every 2nd or 3rd time I hit the SSDR Tune button or do it from the DDutil panel, DDutil closes abruptly.  If I restart it it comes up with a config file error and I have to shut SSDR and restart.  Then DDUtil works for a while and shuts down.  There is nothing in itds errorlog.txt.  Its not RFI because I can have the RF power down to 0 W and toggle Tune and it will happen.  Weird.  Any advice appreciated.  

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Jerry, For SSDR v3, you need to be utilizing DDUtil v4.  I just had during the last week, a multiple AFCI pop right in a row due to RFI telling the breaker feeding the radio and computer the house was on fire.  WOW the shack gets dark really fast.

Well all that software was fragged and I was already on v4 DDUtil. On top of it ALL there was a continuous reboot on my Win10 Pro x64 workstation...  Girl needs a UPS on the computer I'd say.

When I finally got the computer back up I installed the latest prevue version (windows insider v1909) and noticed the radio had all the com ports scrambled just as a lot of the peeps have mentioned happening.  10 connected to 111, 11 connected to 112...  Things like that what a mess.

First you will want to uninstall DDUtil completely...  Including the repair procedure of deleting the user file as directed in the instruction for troubleshooting.

THEN go out to the website and download the latest version of DDUtil that was v4.0.1.09 and install that.  DO NOT USE a backup configuratiuon file from any version...  RELOAD all your configuration from scratch.  I'd make sure all your other software is OK before redoing DDUtil.  The good news for me is I got DDUtil v 4.01.09 where I had .07 previously.  While I was in there, I uninstalled all v3 and cleaned out its config file too.  Its a bit of work.  BUT simple compared to what I had to do.

Starting with a conventional Circuit Breaker in the shack...  Uninstalling SSDR completely and reinstalling.  and Reinstalling WSJT-X becuase it was blown up too.  at least my HRD didn't frag itself.  Hope that helps, ERIKA DD
  • jerry stern
    jerry stern Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I searched and cannot find a download for v4 beta.  Can you email me a link?
    email: k1jos [at] att [dot]net
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I think you will find it is actually
    http://www.k5fr.com/binary/DDUtil40109_Setup.zip
  • Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I emailed it direct to Jerry before 9 my time.  I hope by now he's got it running.  Whatever...  YES, The link you put up Erik is the correct link.  I'm now taking my lunch, and see everybody has been busy.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    The latest version of DDUTIL  is 4,02.00 which fixed multi client disconnects of SSDR V3.18. 

I would wait for Steve to post the official link. 
  • jerry stern
    jerry stern Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I uninstalled DDutil v3 and then went into USers/Appdata and deleted everything that had Dutil and K5FR folders.  Installed DDutil v 4 and somehow if still found the previous user config and said it had problems loading,  Where ekse and under what pseudonymns could this config  file reside?  Registry?

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Did you reboot before loading the new stuff?  Just asking Jerry, I've found its sort of procedure around here... and I'd just started my first wake up coffee when I posted that...  Using the windows uninstall is only 1/2 of the removal.  need to reload the registry.  Hope that fixes it.  Cleaned it right up for me anyway. You should not need to edit the registry...

and that's very neat Howard that Steve has an even newer update in the works.  Looking forward to seeing that... Erika DD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.