Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ddutil crash

AC9S
AC9S Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Ddutil is crashing after I accepted the prompt for an upgrade.  I have gone through the deletion of the batch file that K5FR suggested in an 11 month old post, but although dduti comes up after running the delete settings bat file it crashes the moment I select Signature on the setup form.  Anyone have any ideas?

It worked perfectly until I picked the option to upgrade to a new version.

Thanks -- Keith
AC9S

Answers

• Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Keith I had this happen as well quite a while back. If I remember correctly it crashed after trying to upgrade again even after the upgrade was completed. There is an option to disable the auto update feature in ddutil, try disabling this in the ddutil options and closing ddutil and restarting ddutil and see if this works. 73’s Joe WD5Y
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the tip Joe.  I tried clicking the auto update box, but ddutil still crashed when I brought it back up and selected "signature".  

Keith - AC9S
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Ok - figured it out.  I had to uninstall the program, delete the ddutil v3 folder and delete the K5FR userdata folder in %appdata%.  I reinstalled the latest version 3 and all appears well.  I think I am going to connect the Steppir directly to a USB port on the back of the 6700 and avoid the computer as much as possible (when I am using the Maestro).

Keith - AC9S
  • Brad
    Brad Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    mind was showing update when I start, but when I said yes it would never do anything. I have done this over 6 times, so I just shut the update off. If you check the update, it has no bearing on the 6600, and was the reason I just shut it off. I only use it for the auto band switching for my PW-1 anyway.
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Unfortunately, when I clicked "yes" on the update ddutil went ahead with an update which didn't work, the program actually wouldn't even start.  It would begin to load and then fail.  I had to do the whole delete every trace and reinstall, but thankfully the new version now appears to be working.  I just use it for SteppIR tracking.

Keith - AC9S
  • W1IMD
    W1IMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Keith et al. The latest version of DDUtil has an issue that has been recognized. You may need to roll back to 3.2.6.00. If you haven't signed up for the DDUtil Yahoo group, you want to do that to get the benefit of Steve and the group's wisdom. The directions are there.

Regarding the  connection of your SteppIR controller directly to the Flex, you will lose the benefit of being able to reverse the pattern or home the elements, DDUtil will continue to tune your antenna from your local computer without intervention from your Maestro.

Paul

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.